Momentum Travel Group is a leading software development company driven by technology and innovation. Our FlightHub.com and JustFly.com brands have grown to be two of the largest online travel agencies in North America. Our team is the key to our success - we work hard and love what we do!
We are currently looking for a Python Developer!
Working as a Python Developer on our Business Intelligence team, the chosen candidate will primarily be responsible for writing, testing and deploying Python scripts in an AWS environment which move data into our enterprise data warehouse and analyze the data using cutting edge cloud based services and technologies.
WHAT YOU HAVE:
- 2+ years of experience working with Python 3.6 (or greater), including setting up an IDE;
- Familiarity with modular programming, creating methods and logging/error-handling with try-except;
- Familiarity with one or more of the following data-related Python libraries (json, sqlalchemy, pymysql, psycopg2, csv);
- Knowledge about the Python library Boto3 for working with Amazon Web Services;
- Familiarity with working in Linux Ubuntu environment;
- Knowledge and/or interest in learning about reporting and data analytics;
- Knowledge and/or interest in learning about machine learning and artificial intelligence;
- Ability to work collaboratively across functional and technical teams.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Ability to adapt to fast paced environment;
- A team player who can contribute to the success of multiple departments;
- Someone who loves to find creative solutions to complex problems;
- Someone who shares our passion for technology and software development.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Develop new Python scripts for moving and transforming data from source applications into our enterprise AWS data warehouse;
- Work closely with product team developers to ensure reliability and consistency of script execution as new product features are deployed;
- Always be thinking about the scalability and flexibility of all scripts being deployed to production.
Visit our website to learn more about us or click here to see our benefits
If you know someone who could fit this job description, check out our referral program
(please note that additional responsibilities may apply)