What is Moment?
Moment, formerly known as Moment House, is an immersive community platform. We help creators across disciplines design, deploy, and monetize social experiences where their global communities gather. Live ticketed Moments with creators from Justin Bieber, Halsey, and Anderson Paak to Morbid: A true Crime Podcast, Tame Impala, Tiny Meat Gang, Kaytranada, Whitney Cummings, Yuna, and KYGO have connected music, art, podcast, and comedy communities of millions across 168 countries. As a conduit for the community, we're expanding our immersive experiences platform with utility-forward products and features to enable creators to build stronger bonds with their communities in real-time.
Moment is looking for an experienced Head of Finance to own the company’s financial process end-to-end, leading tasks ranging from the tactical (general accounting, tracking & reporting, etc.) to the strategic (forecasting, pricing strategy, fundraising guidance, etc.).
The ideal candidate has built a corporate finance function at more than one early-stage consumer technology company, and in the process has become a true subject-matter expert with deep knowledge of core accounting and financial principles.
What you’ll do
- Partner with leadership to develop budgets, forecasts, and long-term financial plans that enable prudent, data-driven strategic & operational decisions
- Maintain a deep understanding of the company’s financial position, proactively identifying and communicating key revenue & cost drivers, opportunities for near- and long-term cost optimization, and areas for risk mitigation
- Manage company’s financial reporting infrastructure, ensuring financials are collected in an accurate, timely, and scalable manner
- Collaborate with leadership to set financial KPI targets, both at the company level and the departmental level; track and communicate performance against those targets on an ongoing basis
- Prepare timely and detailed financial reports on a quarterly and annual basis, adjusting presentation based on the audience (leadership, board of directors, investors, etc.)
- Oversee all accounting operations, including payables, receivables, payroll, audit and tax preparation
- Ensure compliance with regulatory obligations and company guidelines
What we’re looking for
- 7+ years of progressive finance / accounting experience having helped build a corporate finance function at more than one early-stage, venture-backed consumer technology company (e-commerce or B2C SaaS experience preferred)
- Exceptional financial modeling & analysis skills, paired with the strong communication & presentation skills necessary to translate analyses into actionable insights
- A sharp perspective, informed by past successes and failures, on the best practices and most common pitfalls of early-stage corporate finance activities
- An innate sense of extreme ownership over your function, ensuring it is optimized for comprehensiveness, accuracy, impact, and efficiency, and taking full responsibility for its outcomes
- The selflessness and humility to “roll up your sleeves” and tackle a wide array of challenges
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible work arrangements
- Excellent medical benefits (100% of employee premiums covered and generous dependent coverage)
- 401k administration
- Equity for employees