Moment House is an immersive community platform. We help creators across disciplines design, deploy, and monetize social experiences where their global communities gather. Live ticketed Moments with creators from Justin Bieber, Halsey, and Anderson Paak to Morbid: A True Crime Podcast, Tame Impala, Tiny Meat Gang, Kaytranada, Whitney Cummings, Yuna, and KYGO have connected music, art, podcast, and comedy communities of millions across 168 countries.
As a conduit for the community, we're expanding our immersive experiences platform with utility-forward products and features to enable creators to build stronger bonds with their communities in real-time.
The Full Stack Engineer will play an integral role in building out the Moment House platform and consumer/fan experience. While we're still a very small team, each engineer has an extremely high impact. We’re an extremely high-performance culture that believes in building cool things and moving fast, and we are looking for seasoned generalists who will be able to wear multiple hats. In this role, you will be working across the platform and should be genuinely interested in joining a growing team, learning the ropes and the processes on how to push code.
Our main tech stack for is React (Next.js) and React Native for our mobile app on our Frontend, Express / Node.js on our Backend, Postgres & DynamoDB for our Database, and Redis for our caching layer. We use Typescript heavily throughout the stack.
What You’ll Do
Build additional real time interactive features as part of our live streaming platform to help some of our huge creators monetize
- Build direct artist to fan communication channels to allow for fans to be able to reach out to their favorite artists
- Experiment with futuristic mediums in which artists and fans can interact online
What We’re Looking For
- A passion for creating reliable applications and a systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with building web products with NextJS / React / Node / Typescript.
- Experience working with Relational Databases (like PostgreSQL) and caching layers such as Redis
- As a engineer, you may lean to one side of the stack as either a frontend design-focused or a backend scale-focused persona, but you are not afraid of getting your hands dirty by jumping into the other side when needed
- Expertise in working in partnership with colleagues throughout the firm, and in leading collaborative teams to achieve common goals
- Have experience driving tech initiatives / product features from end to end while mentoring more junior engineers
- You are a team player and love to learn from and push your team to grow past their comfort zone
- You're curious about new technologies and you're excited to find ways to implement them in your work.
- You have a growth mentality and are not afraid to jump into new, unknown domains to improve your skills and become a better engineer.
- You are able to deliver quality features without much supervision all while keeping your team in the loop. You love to take ownership.
- Formal Schooling is not a requirement. All we require is that you are passionate about what you do, you have significant relevant experience, and you strive to be the best in the world at your craft.
- You are excited to build tech and products that will change how we interface with other people over the Internet
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible work arrangements
- Excellent medical benefits (100% of employee premiums covered and generous dependent coverage)
- 401k Administration
- Equity for employees