Momence is a next-gen booking and communications platform for experience-based businesses, such as a yoga and pilates studios, gyms, dance schools, salons and spas, golf facilities, swim schools, etc. We help over 1,500 businesses with scheduling and payments, communication, and automation of their business backend. We also have a customer-facing Momence app, where tens of thousands of customers book their wellness experiences every month. At Momence, we are bringing modern-day software into the experience economy, a growing part of the economy that is currently highly underserved by modern software.
We’re a remote first company, backed by Y Combinator (Summer 2020); moving quickly and growing rapidly.
What will you do?
At Momence, we understand that our business thrives when our employees thrive, and it begins with hiring the first member of our HR team. You will play a pivotal role in helping us manage and run the daily function of our HR department. You will be our go-to person for all employee related topics and help support and grow our organization. If you thrive in a fast paced environment and come with solid experience in full life cycle HR, then this could be an amazing opportunity for you!
- Provide support to employees with questions regarding HR policies, benefits, terminations, and disability leaves
- Facilitate and manage new hire orientations, employee training, and off-boarding processes
- Own execution of all administrative HR tasks across the company including but not limited to making any changes in employee records, running payroll, onboarding, performance management and benefits
- Maintain and update the employee handbook to include recommending, developing, and revising personnel policies and procedures
- Communicate and explain new directives, policies, or procedures to employees by explaining changes, answering questions, and maintaining morale
- Continue building the company culture by developing effective programs and initiatives that keep our employees engaged, closely knit and motivated, especially in a global remote-first work environment
- Manage our key HR platforms, including HRIS and other tools to ensure employees have what they need
- 4+ years of work experience in HR or People Operations
- Previous experience in a high-growth and face-paced environment
- Familiarity with building out an HR function from the ground up, from programs, policies, procedures, and HRIS
- Thorough knowledge of employment related laws and regulations
- Ability to operate with discrepancy and a high level of empathy
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Highly organized and self motivated
What we offer
- Health insurance - we offer medical, dental, and vision
- Home office equipment - we’ll provide you with equipment as needed
- Flexible vacation policy - we encourage you to take time for yourself, whether it be a vacation, mental wellness day, etc
All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.
At Momence, we celebrate diversity and strive to create an inclusive environment where there is respect, regardless of your background or identity. We are committed to being an equal opportunity employer.