Moloco is a machine learning company empowering organizations of all sizes to grow and unlock the full value of their unique first-party data, elevating the traditional path to performance advertising. While the largest technology companies have proven the speed and scale of ad-targeting utilizing data— the same robust performance powered by machine learning has previously been unavailable beyond their platforms.
That's where Moloco steps in. With Moloco's powerful combination of cutting-edge machine learning technologies, we play a unique and visible role in shaping the digital economy, all while allowing companies to stay independent and scale.
An industry leader at the nexus of machine learning, performance marketing, and visionary product infrastructure, Moloco is advancing the advertising technology industry. We ranked #95 in the Inc. 5000 fastest-growing private companies for 2022. We ranked #91 among Deloitte’s 2021 Fast 500 and have been certified by 91% of the company via Great Places to Work. Check us out on Glassdoor and be sure to get an inside look at working at Moloco on Instagram, Twitter, and Youtube.
Moloco is headquartered in Silicon Valley, with offices in San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles, Seattle, London, Berlin, Seoul, Singapore, Beijing, Gurgaon, and Tokyo.
Creating a diverse workforce and a culture of inclusion and belonging is core to our existence. To reach our goals, diversity of talent and thought is a critical component to how we operate as an organization. Our workforce is our superpower, and we know that fostering a culture of inclusion, authenticity, and belonging will allow us the greatest opportunity to carry out our mission -- to empower businesses of all sizes to grow through operational machine learning.
Moloco is a truly rewarding place to work and in an exciting period of growth, which you could be a part of. Join us today and apply now!
The Impact You’ll Be Contributing to Moloco:
Moloco, Inc. is seeking a highly skilled and experienced Director and Associate General Counsel - APAC Legal to join our team. As the Director and AGC, you will play a vital role in providing comprehensive legal advice, support and leadership to the company's operations in South Korea and in the wider Asia-Pacific region. Reporting to the General Counsel and Corporate Secretary, this position will be the legal team leader in Asia-Pacific for all legal matters and will manage and grow the APAC legal team over time. This position requires fluency in English and Korean (speaking, reading, and writing) and a willingness to be present in our Seoul office on a weekly basis.
- Provide legal counsel, guidance, and leadership on a wide range of legal matters related to Moloco's current and future operations in Asia-Pacific.
- Extensive experience with drafting, reviewing, and negotiating a variety of commercial agreements, including but not limited to, vendor contracts, client agreements, and partnership agreements.
- Manage Moloco’s APAC entities to ensure compliance with local requirements.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to assess and mitigate legal risks associated with business decisions and initiatives.
- Stay updated on changes in relevant laws and regulations and advise the company accordingly.
- Assist in the development and implementation of internal policies and procedures to ensure legal compliance.
- Manage and oversee any legal disputes or litigation involving Moloco in APAC.
- Provide legal support and guidance for various corporate transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, and joint ventures.
- Conduct legal training and education sessions for employees to enhance their understanding of legal requirements and best practices.
- Day to day people management and development responsibilities the legal leader for APAC.
- Communicating with and managing any third-party bodies such as external counsel or auditors.
How Do I Know if the Role is Right For Me?
- Law degree from a reputable university and a valid license to practice law
- Fluency in English and in Korean (speaking, reading, and writing) with excellent communication skills.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience as a legal counsel or attorney for a technology company, preferably with experience in adtech or machine learning.
- Experience in working in a multinational company with executive management overseas.
- Strong knowledge of APAC regional privacy laws and regulations.
- Proven ability to analyze complex legal issues and provide practical and strategic advice.
- Experience in drafting and negotiating commercial agreements.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize effectively.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to lead and collaborate with diverse teams and stakeholders.
- Detail-oriented with a high degree of accuracy in work.
- Proactive and adaptable, with the ability to work independently and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Moloco Thrive: Benefits and Well-Being:
We take care of you and create the conditions for you to do the best work of your career. Through a lens of Inclusion, we offer innovative benefits which empower our employees to take care of themselves and their families so they can do the best work of their lives. For an overview of our global benefits, click here.
Lead with Humility: Everyone’s voice is respected, valued, and heard. With humility, we become more open and accessible to each other. We win, lose, and learn together. Accountability and feedback are essential to our success.
Uncapped Growth Mindset: We see all situations as opportunities to learn, grow, and improve as individuals and as an organization. We seek diverse perspectives, encourage curiosity, and promote experimentation to push the boundaries of what’s possible.
Create Real Value: We pursue the most impactful opportunities with rigor and integrity. We take intelligent risks and make disciplined trade-offs to maintain deep focus. We help our customers win by delivering durable value.
Go Further Together: We’re one team working towards one mission and vision. We collaborate proactively and inclusively, involving the right people at the right time and in the right way. We strive to create a more equitable workplace. We won’t let each other fail.
Moloco is an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex and gender, gender expression and gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.