Moloco’s goal is to make the digital economy more equitable and profitable by delivering advanced machine learning to companies of all sizes. With Moloco’s machine learning platform for growth and performance, every app publisher and online retailer can now unlock the value of their unique, first-party data for user acquisition, retention, and monetization campaigns.
Founded in 2013, our advanced machine learning engine powers our product portfolio. Moloco Cloud DSP enables performance marketers to quickly scale user acquisition and achieve greater lifetime value through battle-tested prediction models. Moloco Retail Media Platform enables online retailers and marketplaces to establish their own performance ads business.
The company is in hyper-growth mode and we ranked #95 in the Inc. 5000 fastest-growing private companies for 2022. We ranked #91 among Deloitte’s 2021 Fast 500 and have been certified by 91% of the company via Great Places to Work.
It’s a great time to join this innovative team. Moloco is headquartered in Silicon Valley, with offices in San Francisco, New York, Seattle, London, Seoul, Singapore, Beijing, and Tokyo. For more information, visit www.moloco.com
Moloco was founded in 2013 with a vision: of empowering mobile businesses to thrive by turning data into ad performance. We’re a tech-driven company with top talent from Google, Amazon, and Twitter, which has enabled us to create an industry-leading programmatic advertising platform powered by the best in machine learning.
At Moloco, we belong to something beautiful. With a continued focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion, we seek ways to create a sense of belonging where people can be their authentic selves. We embrace our unique talents and are proud of the passionate community we’ve built. Leaders who listen and inspire encourage everyone to be their best. Reimagine your future with Moloco.
Your role at Moloco:
As the Payroll Manager, you will ensure the organization stays current on all payroll and tax-related filings, our payroll operations comply with the respective laws, and payroll activities are timely and accurately performed. You will manage special projects and respond to more challenging payroll issues, identify operational trends within assigned work areas, identify root causes, develop solutions, and implement process improvements. You will be responsible for leveraging subject matter knowledge to ensure integration and consistency of practices across the operation. In addition, you will:
- Perform all payroll processing activities to ensure an accurate and timely payroll delivery for all employees
- Ensure employees are paid accurately and timely with correct withholding and deductions and in compliance with legislation and other regulatory requirements
- Act as subject matter expert and lead in processing Singapore and Korea payroll, including the pre-and post-payroll auditing process
- Operate as a subject matter expert in maintaining market knowledge of payroll best practices and compliance for the APAC region (e.g., auditing, tax legislation, tax credit programs, etc.)
- Be the primary point of contact for business partners (e.g., people team, auditors, payroll vendors, and local regulatory agencies)
- Manage required payroll tax-related filings and returns independently (e.g., respond to tax agency notices, manage & trace deposits and refunds, review and reconciliation of tax filings, process amended tax returns, payroll tax reporting & audits)
- Manage the quarter and year-end related tasks and employee/vendor requests independently (e.g., data issue resolution, AIS forms to IRAS and KR Year End True up for tax fillings)
- Manage post payroll related activities pertaining to Severance and/or Unused PTO pay
- Perform off-cycle payroll processing activities for Singapore and Korea as needed to ensure compliance with all local regulatory requirements
- Perform audits on data and system maintenance, including, but not limited to new hire set up, tax forms processing, local taxes, timekeeping input, direct deposit set up, benefits set up, terminations, and garnishments processing
- Support, develop, and maintain effective communication and excellent relationship with internal customers including ensuring their requirements are identified and consistently met
- Follow, develop, and maintain internal control policies, procedures, and compliance concerning the payroll process, including but not limited to pay policies, payroll calendars, payroll checklists, process maps and other procedural documentation
- Manage special projects and perform other duties as assigned
- Maintain confidential information when required by legal or ethical standards and professionalism to ensure the privacy of employee records
- Demonstrate our Company values of Passion for Client Service, Innovation, Expertise, Balance, Respect for All, Teamwork, and Initiative
We’re excited about you if you have:
- +5 years of payroll experience, including expertise in a multi-country payroll environment with deep knowledge of full-cycle International payroll processing
- Extensive knowledge of local country payroll tax regulations and laws
- Strong knowledge of wage and hour laws and taxation related to payroll
- Exposure and knowledge of complex HR processes that impact payroll
- Analytical, and problem-solving skills, including intermediate Excel skills and an ability to analyze and present data
- Attention to detail, high degree of accuracy
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with employees across all organizational levels
- Interpersonal and client service skills, including the ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships and to deal tactfully and courteously with business partners and clients when explaining the functions and policies of Payroll
- Organizational and planning skills, including being able to work reliably and efficiently under demanding deadlines with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of ADP Celergo, Workday or other payroll cloud-applications
- CPP (Certified Payroll Professional) or equivalent certification preferred
- Degree in a related field or equivalent work experience