The Director of Communications & PR is a new role, leading a newly dedicated function at Moloco, reporting to the Head of Corporate Marketing in Redwood City. You will serve as the head of media relations, working closely with the press, analysts, influencers, and agencies to raise Moloco’s profile and drive awareness and positive brand associations. Success comes in four core areas:
- Become a trusted brand ambassador for a company leading growth and innovation while defining a category
- Drive positive coverage of Moloco across business, news, and industry outlets
- Provide strategic insight and direction on industry trends and changes to the business landscape
- Enhance our leadership position by tapping into third-party narratives and thought leadership
The best candidate is a strong strategist who knows how to develop, test, and iterate on a point of view. You have as much love for amplifying the founder story as you do for tapping into the zeitgeist (especially when you can bring compelling data to the table). You know how to appeal to discerning audiences, gain alignment, and stand out in a crowd. As a key member of a globally integrated team, you’ll coordinate with regional Marketing leads and manage public relations and analyst relations agency partnerships, as well as work closely with the Executive, Business, and Product teams to achieve the company’s communications objectives.
In your public relations role, you will:
- Drive and execute Moloco’s communications and public relations strategy to build awareness and excitement about our brand and services with customers, key stakeholders and the media.
- Manage key media relationships across major business, financial and trade publications. Monitor news stories and decide when and how to engage.
- Develop press releases and execute media pitches.
- Manage partnerships with our global public relations firm and their operators in several of our key geographies.
- Oversee crisis communications processes and provide guidance and messaging.
- Coordinate with regional marketing leads to ensure global consistency of the brand voice, core messaging and the company narrative.
- Raise the profile of the CEO and other members of the senior leadership team through executive communications and thought leadership opportunities. Oversee media training for company spokespeople and ensure alignment to key messaging and narratives.
In your analyst relations role, you will:
- Identify and plan for key industry analyst opportunities, scope and kick off Moloco’s analyst relations function, and own all industry analyst firm relationships.
- Coordinate briefings and inquiries, develop content for these activities and provide scope and guidance to subject matter experts from around the company.
- Validate GTM initiatives with analysts, such as messaging, pricing and market entrance and expansion, responding to market-related requests from Product Marketing, Business Development and other stakeholders.
- Participate in and influence research reports in the performance marketing and retail media categories.
- Develop short- and long-term plans to achieve and maintain top positioning in research assessments.
- Keep analysts informed of Moloco’s momentum and significant changes or additions to our product portfolio in between formal briefings.
- Recommend, define and execute special projects with analysts, such as custom reports and speaking engagements.
- Six or more years in a similar role, ideally in B2B. Bonus if in the marketing, advertising, or related tech industries
- Demonstrated success entering new markets using various public relations and analyst tactics
- Can provide examples of successful global product launches
- Exceptional writing and storytelling skills as you will own drafting internal reports and presentations
- Excited about earned media and the role it plays in our overall communications
- Has developed relationships with key media and analysts
- Can demonstrate analyst relations’ impact on an organization
- Able to adapt to changing priorities or different sets of priorities in different regions
- Comfortable working with the C-suite as a trusted advisor and inspires staff across varying levels of the organization
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, GSuite, Slack, and marketing/sales tools such as HubSpot, Salesforce, Webflow, Asana or others
- BA/BS in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, or similar preferred
- Report on performance of press releases and other communications efforts including coverage, reach and share of voice.
- Manage Moloco’s social media strategy and oversee content creation and campaign strategies for earned social.