Molecule Software is a dynamic and fast-growing innovator in the commodities trading (CTRM/ETRM) software industry. Our enterprise SaaS product is a market leader in technology, usability, integrations and more.
Our employees are distributed across the United States and work remotely. The official head office is in Houston.
We are looking to add a Sales Engineer to our Sales team. This role will be the first Sales Engineer at Molecule. You will own 100% of the technical side of new deals. For the right person this is a great opportunity to shape how Molecule responds to technical challenges from the sales perspective. Our ideal candidate is one that has technical experience in the commodity trading space, has participated in customer facing demonstrations of software solutions, and can identify and offer solutions to potential customers experiencing challenges with their current systems.
- Deeply understand the Molecule software, its capabilities, and how to effectively set it up for various business and commodity types
- Prepare and present custom demonstrations.
- Provide support including technical sales calls, training, presentations, proof-of-concepts, capacity planning and technical ROI models.
- Represent Molecule at trade shows and other speaking engagements as needed.
- Maintain Molecule’s demo environment for demonstrations on sales calls and tradeshow events.
- Build scripts and reports in Python and SQL to handle custom scenarios and outputs.
- Capture and prioritize issues and feature requests to enter our Engineering pipeline.
- Identify internal processes that need improvement and participate in upgrading them.
- Participate in discovery calls.
- Respond to RFPs.
- Ability to perform in from of an audience
- CRM experience and the ability to keep yours up to date
- Experience using Python and SQL to build scripts and reports to handle custom scenarios and outputs
- A strong passion for disruptive technology
- Familiarity with Finance concepts and calculations, as they relate to commodity trading
- Ability to prioritize and triage, given many urgent and important tasks
- Proactive, get things done approach and ability to solve issues and move things forward
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and customer orientation
- Schedule flexibility – may need to align to earlier or later North American time zones
Nice to Have:
- Financial Background
- A Bachelor’s degree or better
- CTRM/ETRM experience
Molecule has an awesome benefits package—one that fits right in with the small company that we are. Benefits include:
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance (100% company-paid)
- Life and AD&D (100% company-paid)
- No limit on paid vacation days (within reason; with approval)
- Sick time, as-you-need-it
The salary range for this role is $110,000.00 to $150,000.00 depending on experience.