Mojang Studios is best known as the creators of Minecraft, but we’re also on a mission – to build a better world through the power of play.
Why play? Well, play is at the heart of everything we do. It’s the blocky backbone of our games, the core of our development philosophy, and even the origin of our name. From the relentless experimentation of our endlessly inspiring community to the classrooms where Minecraft has become an essential teaching tool, play is the bedrock of our existence.
As a Production Manager for our one of our internal new games, you will be working with individuals and teams in the Minecraft Franchise. You will be the people manager for amazing producers distributed in several of our teams in Stockholm along with coordinating co dev partners externally
Some of your responsibilities will be:
- Be responsible for coaching, mentoring and career development for producers.
- Have regular 1-on-1 meetings with each team member, where you deliver meaningful feedback and support, and look to understand their motivations and whether extra attention is needed in any area.
- Sync regularly with stakeholders such as the craft leads, and other managers to give the right support needed to your direct reports.
- Coordinate the on-boarding and training of new employees, as well as off-boarding of employees who are leaving.
- Partner with HR and other managers on topics such as talent acquisition, learning and development.
- Coordinate with managers elsewhere in the studio to run cross-project craft development and knowledge sharing.
- Work together with producers to coordinate on staffing matters with your counterparts at partner studios.
- Be the primary point of contact between the project organization and other parts of Xbox, such as central functions and other game studios.
- In collaboration in with the craft leads, assist in establishing processes and working hands-on with production if and as necessary.
- Experience formally managing people, preferably within a game studio.
- Experience working hands-on with production, preferably within a game studio.
- A broader knowledge of a variety of production fields that allows you to support diverse producers in their professional development.
- Self-motivated and able to drive and organize initiatives.
- Able to drive workshops to elevate creative employees and to further their understanding of creative principles and methodology.
- Experience with staffing, interviewing and team building.
- Comfortable with providing and receiving constructive criticism.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in written form.
Mojang Studios is a Microsoft-owned game developer. The company was founded in Stockholm, Sweden and has offices around the world, including Stockholm, Redmond, Tokyo, London, and Shanghai. We’re always working on new and exciting ways to expand the Minecraft universe.
Our community is global and incredibly diverse. We keep this in mind when developing anything, as we want people to feel included in Minecraft. And in recruiting, our goal is to make Mojang Studios as diverse as our community.
We got started as a tiny indie developer, and part of our culture still reflects that heritage. But we’re also proud to belong to Xbox Game Studios, which creates unique opportunities to grow and develop.
To help us achieve amazing things, we have built an equally amazing studio space. Situated right on the water by Söder Mälarstrand, it’s filled to the brim with all the tools, toys and caffeine required to create world-class entertainment.
But in the end, it’s the people of Mojang Studios that make this place truly special. When you join, you’ll find yourself in the company of incredibly bright, warm, and creative individuals – all united and working toward a single goal. Come help us reach it!
Important note on resumes
Please make sure that all the information in your resume is accurate because we will conduct a thorough background check. Any discrepancies will lower your chances of getting to the next interview stage and we’d hate to miss out on an awesome candidate! Double check that any gap years are reflected in your history, and that your education and work experience are completely accurate. Good luck!