Mojang Studios is best known as the creators of Minecraft, but we’re also on a mission – to build a better world through the power of play.
Why play? Well, play is at the heart of everything we do. It’s the blocky backbone of our games, the core of our development philosophy, and even the origin of our name. From the relentless experimentation of our endlessly inspiring community to the classrooms where Minecraft has become an essential teaching tool, play is the bedrock of our existence.
By joining our team, you will find an environment that enables you to leverage your knowledge and values to maintain and evolve a healthy and collaborative team culture as we grow.
You will be responsible for setting the strategy, roadmap and continuously prioritize tasks for the team. The team works with an agile mindset, and needs help to plan MVPs, set up metrics and follow up with data to measure success. You’ll collaborate with other producers and stakeholders to coordinate and prioritize roadmaps, backlogs, manage risks and dependencies, and align timelines.
To succeed you will need to have the ability to inspire and motivate the team as well as continually evolve, drive, and create new processes needed for our deliverables and organization. A strong attention to detail, self-motivation, flexibility, and an ability to connect with all crafts are a must.
As a producer you are responsible for:
- The value we create to our players and our business
- Driving the vision and strategy for the team ensuring an intuitive, smooth, and easy to understand experience
- Planning, prioritizing, and managing resources to meet the team, projects/products roadmap, milestone deliveries and releases
- Managing stakeholders, dependencies and risks in technology, design, and art
- Coordinating with teams across the franchise as well as external partners and production companies
- Experience in gaming and/or tech companies (Product Manager, Product Owner, Program Manager, Producer)
- Experience leading cross-functional teams including developers, UI/UX designers and artists
- A leader and team player with strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Excellent self-leadership skills, thorough and analytical, confident and able to say no
- Confident in speaking and writing in English, even on production details, technical and business terms
Mojang Studios is a Microsoft-owned game developer. The company was founded in Stockholm, Sweden and has offices around the world, including Stockholm, Redmond, Tokyo, London, and Shanghai. We’re always working on new and exciting ways to expand the Minecraft universe.
Our community is global and incredibly diverse. We keep this in mind when developing anything, as we want people to feel included in Minecraft. And in recruiting, our goal is to make Mojang Studios as diverse as our community.
We got started as a tiny indie developer, and part of our culture still reflects that heritage. But we’re also proud to belong to Xbox Game Studios, which creates unique opportunities to grow and develop.
To help us achieve amazing things, we have built an equally amazing studio space. Situated right on the water by Söder Mälarstrand, it’s filled to the brim with all the tools, toys and caffeine required to create world-class entertainment.
But in the end, it’s the people of Mojang Studios that make this place truly special. When you join, you’ll find yourself in the company of incredibly bright, warm, and creative individuals – all united and working toward a single goal. Come help us reach it!
Important note on resumes
Please make sure that all the information in your resume is accurate because we will conduct a thorough background check. Any discrepancies will lower your chances of getting to the next interview stage and we’d hate to miss out on an awesome candidate! Double check that any gap years are reflected in your history, and that your education and work experience are completely accurate. Good luck!