Mojang Studios is best known as the creators of Minecraft, but we’re also on a mission – to build a better world through the power of play.
Why play? Well, play is at the heart of everything we do. It’s the blocky backbone of our games, the core of our development philosophy, and even the origin of our name. From the relentless experimentation of our endlessly inspiring community to the classrooms where Minecraft has become an essential teaching tool, play is the bedrock of our existence.
Mojang Studios is looking for a Senior Gameplay Engineer to tackle the challenges of implementing gameplay features for the Minecraft Dungeons universe. This game has achieved great success and has a vibrant and engaged community of players. We provide an environment that encourages you to embrace creativity and contribute to the team with your developer perspective. Additionally, we value effective communication between disciplines and other developers, making you a crucial link in our collaborative efforts.
The team consists of 50+ people, half of which are developers and the rest a mix of; designers, artists, audio designers, QA, build engineers and producers. We all collaborate closely within and across disciplines as well as with our partner studio in the U.K.
You will work with investigating and implementing new gameplay mechanics and features. You will do this in a dedicated cross-functional team, while also keeping up with all other Game Engineers in regular syncs.
As a Senior Engineer you will have a major impact on the gameplay experience and the quality and feeling of the product.
As a Senior C++ Gameplay Engineer, you will:
- Implementing gameplay features for Minecraft Dungeons.
- Drive design discussions, implement and refactor gameplay systems.
- Work in close collaboration with Game Designers to design, implement and maintain gameplay systems.
- Define technical solutions for gameplay features following design documentation and workflow tools.
- Supporting and aligning with other feature teams working on your game project.
We believe you are someone that have:
- Strong and proven C++ skills (including refactoring, optimization, debugging and testing).
- Good understanding of software architecture patterns used for multiplayer games.
- Gameplay programming experience and experience from shipping at least one game before.
- Proficiency in at least one modern game engine (like Unreal).
- Experience working in an international environment and ability to express yourself fluently in English.
- Supported and acted as a role model to less experienced developers.
If this sounds like a fit, and you want to be part of a dynamic game studio, do not hesitate to apply. We look forward to hearing from you!
Mojang Studios is a Microsoft-owned game developer. The company was founded in Stockholm, Sweden and has offices around the world, including Stockholm, Redmond, Tokyo, London, and Shanghai. We’re always working on new and exciting ways to expand the Minecraft universe.
Our community is global and incredibly diverse. We keep this in mind when developing anything, as we want people to feel included in Minecraft. And in recruiting, our goal is to make Mojang Studios as diverse as our community.
We got started as a tiny indie developer, and part of our culture still reflects that heritage. But we’re also proud to belong to Xbox Game Studios, which creates unique opportunities to grow and develop.
To help us achieve amazing things, we have built an equally amazing studio space. Situated right on the water by Söder Mälarstrand, it’s filled to the brim with all the tools, toys and caffeine required to create world-class entertainment.
But in the end, it’s the people of Mojang Studios that make this place truly special. When you join, you’ll find yourself in the company of incredibly bright, warm, and creative individuals – all united and working toward a single goal. Come help us reach it!
Important note on resumes
Please make sure that all the information in your resume is accurate because we will conduct a thorough background check. Any discrepancies will lower your chances of getting to the next interview stage and we’d hate to miss out on an awesome candidate! Double check that any gap years are reflected in your history, and that your education and work experience are completely accurate. Good luck!