Mojang Studios is best known as the creators of Minecraft, but we’re also on a mission – to build a better world through the power of play.
Why play? Well, play is at the heart of everything we do. It’s the blocky backbone of our games, the core of our development philosophy, and even the origin of our name. From the relentless experimentation of our endlessly inspiring community to the classrooms where Minecraft has become an essential teaching tool, play is the bedrock of our existence.
By joining our team, you will find an environment that enables you to leverage your knowledge and values to maintain and evolve a healthy and collaborative team culture as we evolve.
As Producer for the Minecraft gameplay team, you will lead the team delivery, and the team together with an engineering manager. As a producer in the Minecraft gameplay team, you will be tasked with planning and organizing the production of our game updates and projects surrounding it, optimizing day to day operations, and collaborating with stakeholders all over the world to create world class Minecraft experiences. In our product organization, you’ll collaborate with other producers, engineering managers and stakeholders to coordinate and prioritize roadmaps and backlog, manage risks and dependencies, and align timelines.
The Minecraft Gameplay team is focusing on improving Minecraft's gameplay across all platforms. As a Producer on this team, you will have the challenge to lead a team delivering a feature or set of features that delight our players and create community engagement. As a Producer you will lead a cross-functional team and work closely with the C++ and Java developers, QA, designers, artists and audio designers, all working together on a game enjoyed by over 100,000,000 players worldwide. We have big dreams for the future of Minecraft and need you to help make them happen.
Key to the Producer role is the ability to be thorough and proactive with great attention and eye for both the creative and technical work within the team, as well as creating clarity to inspire and motivate your team. A strong attention to detail, self-motivation, flexibility, and an ability to connect with all crafts are a must.
- As a Producer, you’ll be accountable for the planning, scheduling and resource management to meet your team, project or product’s roadmap, milestone deliveries and releases.
- Enable your team to deliver the best product possible - on time and on budget.
- Identify risks, suggest mitigation plans and take action before risks become issues.
- Experience in gaming (Product Manager, Product Owner, Program Manager, Producer).
- Confident in speaking and writing in English, even on production details, technical and business terms.
- Experience in leading cross functional product teams, and handling dependencies to other teams.
- A natural leader and team player with strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent self-leadership skills, thorough and analytical, confident, and to be able to say no.
- Identify areas for improvement and execute on these improvements.
- Understand vision/mission of projects and communicate to internal and external stakeholders.
- Improve internal tools and processes for project management.
- As a producer you are responsible for the value we create to our players and our business.
- Manage internal and external dependencies on technology, design and art.
- Manage the production process from concept through execution.
- Drive clarity by communicating status and risks stakeholders.
- Ensuring project quality, accuracy, and budget.
- Coordinate with external partners and production companies.
Mojang Studios is a Microsoft-owned game developer. The company was founded in Stockholm, Sweden and has offices around the world, including Stockholm, Redmond, Tokyo, London, and Shanghai. We’re always working on new and exciting ways to expand the Minecraft universe.
Our community is global and incredibly diverse. We keep this in mind when developing anything, as we want people to feel included in Minecraft. And in recruiting, our goal is to make Mojang Studios as diverse as our community.
We got started as a tiny indie developer, and part of our culture still reflects that heritage. But we’re also proud to belong to Xbox Game Studios, which creates unique opportunities to grow and develop.
To help us achieve amazing things, we have built an equally amazing studio space. Situated right on the water by Söder Mälarstrand, it’s filled to the brim with all the tools, toys and caffeine required to create world-class entertainment.
But in the end, it’s the people of Mojang Studios that make this place truly special. When you join, you’ll find yourself in the company of incredibly bright, warm, and creative individuals – all united and working toward a single goal. Come help us reach it!
Important note on resumes
Please make sure that all the information in your resume is accurate because we will conduct a thorough background check. Any discrepancies will lower your chances of getting to the next interview stage and we’d hate to miss out on an awesome candidate! Double check that any gap years are reflected in your history, and that your education and work experience are completely accurate. Good luck!