Mojang Studios is best known as the creators of Minecraft, but we’re also on a mission – to build a better world through the power of play.
Why play? Well, play is at the heart of everything we do. It’s the blocky backbone of our games, the core of our development philosophy, and even the origin of our name. From the relentless experimentation of our endlessly inspiring community to the classrooms where Minecraft has become an essential teaching tool, play is the bedrock of our existence.
The Java Platform Team is looking for a Senior Producer. As a Senior Producer you will ensure that our vision and roadmaps are in line with business objectives and technically sound. This is a key role in building and managing the platform with a real impact on millions of Minecraft players. You will work closely with your team as well as with peers across different parts of the organization.
The team currently consists of a team of 10 engineers. We are a small but impactful team that has a great vision for the platform and the community. The team sits in Stockholm and collaborates with teams in Stockholm as well as with our Redmond (US) Studio.
We enable millions to create and play together, connect people across the globe, and foster a community that is among the most active and passionate in the world. Our community is global and incredibly diverse. When we are developing anything within our franchise, we keep this in mind. We want everyone to not only feel included in Minecraft, but also to see themselves in what we make. Our goal is for the Mojang Studios team to be as diverse as our community.
As a Senior Producer for the Java Platform, you would report to the Executive Producer for Minecraft in Stockholm.
In this role you will be
- Building and owning a platform with a real impact on millions of Minecraft players.
- Setting and continuously evolving an inspiring vision, strategy, and key metrics for your product.
- Communicate and create engagement around the vision, roadmap, and key metrics within your team and throughout Mojang Studios.
- Using data as well as input from our community to get learnings and to validate your strategy.
- The expert in knowing who your customer is and what problems they have that you can solve for now and in the future.
- Looking at both the gaming market and the current tech trends to influence the platform strategy.
- Collaborate closely with other Product leaders at Mojang Studios, the different game teams and Bedrock Platform.
- Ensuring that the Java Platform team is a healthy team doing the right things at the right time without being spread too thin.
To succeed in this role, you should have experience in:
- Defining and driving a product strategy
- Game technology, preferably from platform or game engine areas
- Working in a technical agile environment
- Building teams and/or organizations with many dependencies supporting other teams
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
Mojang Studios is a Microsoft-owned game developer. The company was founded in Stockholm, Sweden and has offices around the world, including Stockholm, Redmond, Tokyo, London, and Shanghai. We’re always working on new and exciting ways to expand the Minecraft universe.
Our community is global and incredibly diverse. We keep this in mind when developing anything, as we want people to feel included in Minecraft. And in recruiting, our goal is to make Mojang Studios as diverse as our community.
We got started as a tiny indie developer, and part of our culture still reflects that heritage. But we’re also proud to belong to Xbox Game Studios, which creates unique opportunities to grow and develop.
To help us achieve amazing things, we have built an equally amazing studio space. Situated right on the water by Söder Mälarstrand, it’s filled to the brim with all the tools, toys and caffeine required to create world-class entertainment.
But in the end, it’s the people of Mojang Studios that make this place truly special. When you join, you’ll find yourself in the company of incredibly bright, warm, and creative individuals – all united and working toward a single goal. Come help us reach it!
Important note on resumes
Please make sure that all the information in your resume is accurate because we will conduct a thorough background check. Any discrepancies will lower your chances of getting to the next interview stage and we’d hate to miss out on an awesome candidate! Double check that any gap years are reflected in your history, and that your education and work experience are completely accurate. Good luck!