Mojang Studios is best known as the creators of Minecraft, but we’re also on a mission – to build a better world through the power of play.
Why play? Well, play is at the heart of everything we do. It’s the blocky backbone of our games, the core of our development philosophy, and even the origin of our name. From the relentless experimentation of our endlessly inspiring community to the classrooms where Minecraft has become an essential teaching tool, play is the bedrock of our existence.
We are a vibrant team creating games together, with an ambition to inspire future generations and to build a better tomorrow. We are looking for you, a Senior UI Artist with experience from AAA game development, to join our inclusive Stockholm studio and one of our new game teams.
As Senior UI Artist, you will work in a cross-functional team to establish the look and feel for the UI art together with the Art Director. We believe you have experience working hands-on with UI implementation and animation in a game engine, for example, Unreal Engine.
- Working closely with UX designers and developers to create high-quality UI design and UI artifacts, including iconography, pixel art, and animations.
- Executing all UI design stages and coordinating with the team from concept to final implementation phase.
- Create beautiful and functional assets in line with our guidelines.
- Maintain the UI art direction in synchronization with AD and Creative Director.
- Support the creation of new guidelines for UI design.
- Performing iterations on design based on feedback from users and your colleagues.
- Under the leadership of the AD, work with external partners on UI art deliverables – quality control to achieve visual excellence.
To succeed in this role, we believe that you have some of the following:
- Experience with developing games for consoles, live service development and familiarity with action and RPG games.
- A portfolio that demonstrates versatility and high artistic skills in areas including UI, graphic design, animation, motion graphics and pixel art.
- Able to visualize ideas, as well as delivering them from concept through to implementation.
- Comfortable in creating hands-on art such as mood boards, sketches and visual targets.
- A great collaborator and communicator with an ability to adapt to any context - be it interpersonal or in a team, discipline or studio context.
- Self-organized, with the ability to work with several scrum-teams
- Able to successfully establish, document and enable processes for long term sustainability.
- Experience with Photoshop, After Effects and Figma, Sketch, XD or similar design tools.
- Experience with 3d software, such as Blender, Maya or equivalent.
- Having a good understanding and working knowledge of a game engine such as Unreal, Unity or equivalent.
- You are someone who cares about people and can help us build an inclusive, open, and friendly work environment.
If this sounds like a fit to you and you want to be part of a dynamic game studio, do not hesitate to apply.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Mojang Studios is a Microsoft-owned game developer. The company was founded in Stockholm, Sweden and has offices around the world, including Stockholm, Redmond, Tokyo, London, and Shanghai. We’re always working on new and exciting ways to expand the Minecraft universe.
Our community is global and incredibly diverse. We keep this in mind when developing anything, as we want people to feel included in Minecraft. And in recruiting, our goal is to make Mojang Studios as diverse as our community.
We got started as a tiny indie developer, and part of our culture still reflects that heritage. But we’re also proud to belong to Xbox Game Studios, which creates unique opportunities to grow and develop.
To help us achieve amazing things, we have built an equally amazing studio space. Situated right on the water by Söder Mälarstrand, it’s filled to the brim with all the tools, toys and caffeine required to create world-class entertainment.
But in the end, it’s the people of Mojang Studios that make this place truly special. When you join, you’ll find yourself in the company of incredibly bright, warm, and creative individuals – all united and working toward a single goal. Come help us reach it!
Important note on resumes
Please make sure that all the information in your resume is accurate because we will conduct a thorough background check. Any discrepancies will lower your chances of getting to the next interview stage and we’d hate to miss out on an awesome candidate! Double check that any gap years are reflected in your history, and that your education and work experience are completely accurate. Good luck!