Mojang Studios is best known as the creators of Minecraft, but we’re also on a mission – to build a better world through the power of play.
Why play? Well, play is at the heart of everything we do. It’s the blocky backbone of our games, the core of our development philosophy, and even the origin of our name. From the relentless experimentation of our endlessly inspiring community to the classrooms where Minecraft has become an essential teaching tool, play is the bedrock of our existence.
- Implementing features for upcoming Minecraft gameplay updates
- Be involved in design discussions related to the vanilla Minecraft experience and helping to define the direction of future updates
- Soliciting feedback from all teammates and engaging in collaborative discussion.
- Helping to refine the team’s quality process, including adding new types of test automation, refining the workflow and build process, and documenting architecture and features.
- Helping more junior team members level up in both professional conduct as well as programming practice.
- You have experience with Java programming OR game development (bonus points if you have with both).
- You feel comfortable to work with large codebases.
- You are knowledgeable and passionate about games
- You thrive in highly collaborative environments where peer- and mob programming is frequently used.
- You understand the trade-offs that a developer needs to make between striving for ideal technical solutions and keeping the speed needed to honour the deadlines.
Mojang Studios is a Microsoft-owned game developer. The company was founded in Stockholm, Sweden and has offices around the world, including Stockholm, Redmond, Tokyo, London, and Shanghai. We’re always working on new and exciting ways to expand the Minecraft universe.
Our community is global and incredibly diverse. We keep this in mind when developing anything, as we want people to feel included in Minecraft. And in recruiting, our goal is to make Mojang Studios as diverse as our community.
We got started as a tiny indie developer, and part of our culture still reflects that heritage. But we’re also proud to belong to Xbox Game Studios, which creates unique opportunities to grow and develop.
To help us achieve amazing things, we have built an equally amazing studio space. Situated right on the water by Söder Mälarstrand, it’s filled to the brim with all the tools, toys and caffeine required to create world-class entertainment.
But in the end, it’s the people of Mojang Studios that make this place truly special. When you join, you’ll find yourself in the company of incredibly bright, warm, and creative individuals – all united and working toward a single goal. Come help us reach it!
Important note on resumes
Please make sure that all the information in your resume is accurate because we will conduct a thorough background check. Any discrepancies will lower your chances of getting to the next interview stage and we’d hate to miss out on an awesome candidate! Double check that any gap years are reflected in your history, and that your education and work experience are completely accurate. Good luck!