Mojang Studios is best known as the creators of Minecraft, but we’re also on a mission – to build a better world through the power of play.
Why play? Well, play is at the heart of everything we do. It’s the blocky backbone of our games, the core of our development philosophy, and even the origin of our name. From the relentless experimentation of our endlessly inspiring community to the classrooms where Minecraft has become an essential teaching tool, play is the bedrock of our existence.
Producers and Artists who create content for our YouTube Channel.
As a team we aim to entertain and engage the community with unique insights,
updates and tips that only Mojang studios can provide.
In practice, that means we create and produce weekly video uploads of compelling
content offering a unique perspective and deeper insight into the Minecraft world
from within Mojang Studios.
You’ll steer the overall creative direction of the YouTube team and will actively
feedback and mentor our team of Producers. Beyond providing feedback, you
should also be willing to jump in and support team members in different areas where
What You’ll Do
• Lead and develop a high-level strategy for the team: shape roles and responsibilities
according to skillsets, preferences, and bandwidth.
• Together with the Lead Producer drive recruitment, encourage education, and
support team developments.
• Support a few producers outside of the team who have a “dotted line” to you.
• Represent the team and its interests across a range of different forums, and in
dialogue with the relevant stakeholders.
• Lead the work on development of new series and direction of current series.
• Support marketing productions by feedbacking on pitches or current productions to
enable the productions to be successful on YouTube.
• Facilitate workshops and brainstorms around upcoming series, projects and updates,
with the aim to communicate effectively and authentically on our channel.
• Recommend tactical implementation and timing.
• Research and implement new techniques and technologies that are relevant to
• Draw insight and learning from our media results.
• Maintain current knowledge of YouTube and social media marketing and industry
environments; experience with videogames preferred.
• Highly developed ability to develop strategic thinking and creative concepts that
result in compelling storytelling and innovative creative work.
• You have a thorough understanding of storytelling and narrative design.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in the English language, including
• Experience acting as brand client with large agencies and ability to direct agency
• Ability to creative direct all work, whether through external agencies, freelance
vendors, or internal production resources, ensuring best-in-class work is delivered on
time and within budget.
• Proven ability building and leading teams in a self-directed way.
• You are willing to sometimes travel internationally and occasionally work outside of
standard working hours.
• A plus if you have excellent research skills and a proactive attitude to finding exciting,
fresh content for the Minecraft community.
report to our Creative Director. They will be a leader, an excellent director with good
organizational skills, and have a pragmatic and open approach to collaboration. They have a
positive attitude, an open mind and are willing to learn and grow.
Mojang Studios is a Microsoft-owned game developer. The company was founded in Stockholm, Sweden and has offices around the world, including Stockholm, Redmond, Tokyo, London, and Shanghai. We’re always working on new and exciting ways to expand the Minecraft universe.
Our community is global and incredibly diverse. We keep this in mind when developing anything, as we want people to feel included in Minecraft. And in recruiting, our goal is to make Mojang Studios as diverse as our community.
We got started as a tiny indie developer, and part of our culture still reflects that heritage. But we’re also proud to belong to Xbox Game Studios, which creates unique opportunities to grow and develop.
To help us achieve amazing things, we have built an equally amazing studio space. Situated right on the water by Söder Mälarstrand, it’s filled to the brim with all the tools, toys and caffeine required to create world-class entertainment.
But in the end, it’s the people of Mojang Studios that make this place truly special. When you join, you’ll find yourself in the company of incredibly bright, warm, and creative individuals – all united and working toward a single goal. Come help us reach it!