Mojang Studios is best known as the creators of Minecraft, but we’re also on a mission – to build a better world through the power of play.
Why play? Well, play is at the heart of everything we do. It’s the blocky backbone of our games, the core of our development philosophy, and even the origin of our name. From the relentless experimentation of our endlessly inspiring community to the classrooms where Minecraft has become an essential teaching tool, play is the bedrock of our existence.
As a Senior Production Manager at Mojang Studios, you will be working across our game teams reporting to our Head of Games Production. It’s your job to support our EP, Production Directors, and producers with unlocking roadblocks and dependencies for our games teams making sure they are doing successful deliverable on time, on budget with quality. You will also influence and help with best practices and ensure our teams are meeting deadlines with optimally resourced teams. You ensure visibility on both higher-level plans and more granular execution for our development teams.
We have a friendly and highly collaborative culture, and you’ll be right in the thick of it, working with many teams to ensure that we deliver tremendous value to our players. Key to this role is the ability to inspire and motivate, reduce risk, and increase predictability in everything our development teams take on.
To succeed, you will need to continually evolve, document, drive and sometimes create new processes needed to deliver. Attention to detail, self-motivation, and an ability to connect with people from all over the studio (and the greater Xbox Studios and in extension Microsoft) are key attributes we expect you to possess. Our work involves creating, managing, and constantly improving frameworks that help people understand how their work fits into the studio mission, vision and values.
What you will be doing:
- Act as the glue between our leadership groups and our teams to make sure strategies and guidance from the leadership team results in to action in our development teams, and vice versa.
- Work with leadership and development teams to identify and mitigate risks and bring recommend plans of action to handle delays that impact our roadmaps.
- Develop and maintain new processes to support changes in the development teams.
- Act as a partner and counsel to the development teams throughout Mojang, being able to structure and develop insightful, and compelling recommendations on issues across the company.
- Identify, prioritize, and lead continuous improvement efforts and manage large, global projects.
- Participate in the development of the organizational structure of the project to put team talents to optimal use.
- Act as a point of contact and liaison between development teams in Stockholm and Redmond.
- Experience in managing complex projects, program managing and large meeting groups.
- An interest in creating contexts where people can do their best work.
- Massive amounts of curiosity about how things work and the need to be constantly consuming new ideas, technologies and problems.
- The ability to think, act and communicate with simplicity, clarity, and confidence regardless if you are talking to an individual contributor, a vendor or a C-level executive.
- High degree of comfort with “working out loud,” making work-in-progress visible for constant feedback.
- Ability to focus on doing a few things extremely well, and break work down incrementally and iteratively.
- Big ideas about how to apply lean and agile thinking across the studio.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Experience working with a global team.
- A passion for and deep understanding of gaming and technology.
- Experience defining business priorities and processes and implementing them.
- Bachelor degree or above.
- 5+ years working experience in gaming and or tech companies.
Mojang Studios is a Microsoft-owned game developer. The company was founded in Stockholm, Sweden and has offices around the world, including Stockholm, Redmond, Tokyo, London, and Shanghai. We’re always working on new and exciting ways to expand the Minecraft universe.
Our community is global and incredibly diverse. We keep this in mind when developing anything, as we want people to feel included in Minecraft. And in recruiting, our goal is to make Mojang Studios as diverse as our community.
We got started as a tiny indie developer, and part of our culture still reflects that heritage. But we’re also proud to belong to Xbox Game Studios, which creates unique opportunities to grow and develop.
To help us achieve amazing things, we have built an equally amazing studio space. Situated right on the water by Söder Mälarstrand, it’s filled to the brim with all the tools, toys and caffeine required to create world-class entertainment.
But in the end, it’s the people of Mojang Studios that make this place truly special. When you join, you’ll find yourself in the company of incredibly bright, warm, and creative individuals – all united and working toward a single goal. Come help us reach it!