Mojang Studios is best known as the creators of Minecraft, but we’re also on a mission – to build a better world through the power of play.
Why play? Well, play is at the heart of everything we do. It’s the blocky backbone of our games, the core of our development philosophy, and even the origin of our name. From the relentless experimentation of our endlessly inspiring community to the classrooms where Minecraft has become an essential teaching tool, play is the bedrock of our existence.
The Internal Communications Manager is a vital new role at Mojang Studios in Stockholm. The main mission for this role is to contribute to employees’ sense of belonging and pride in Mojang Studios and ensure employees are kept informed and motivated.
This role will serve as an advisor for communication strategy to the Stockholm Management team and collaborate closely with Operations, HR, and other internal stakeholders. The Internal Communications Manager reports to the Operations Director.
- Set and lead our internal communications strategy and planning
- Audit and optimize existing channels for communications
- Lead and set up new communications channels as needed for our studio
- Establish communication guidelines which set clear purpose and intent for using channels
- Plan, edit, and write content for any of our internal communications channels (examples include content for our employee Sharepoint, policies documents, newsletters, and regular email updates)
- Ensure clear, consistent, and transparent communications of Mojang Studios’ purpose, vision and values, goals, priorities, and plans to all employees
- Handle the internal communication response to crisis situations which affect organizational perception and the internal employer brand
- Provide communications insight and skills on relevant initiatives within Operations and Management
- Bachelors degree in communications or a related field.
- 5-7+ years internal communications experience in a fast-paced and high-growth setting.
- Passion for internal communications as a catalyst to create employee engagement.
- Team player with proven ability to foster and nurture positive working relationships across the organization, at all levels.
- Proactive and self-motivated: ability to continuously pick up on important happenings across the company for use in internal communications.
- Superb written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to adapt written voice depending on sender, topic, and audience.
- Appreciation for, and ability to emulate, Mojang Studios’ tone of voice to match its unique company culture.
- Experience and/or passion in gaming is a huge plus!
Mojang Studios is a Microsoft-owned game developer. The company was founded in Stockholm, Sweden and has offices around the world, including Stockholm, Redmond, Tokyo, London, and Shanghai. We’re always working on new and exciting ways to expand the Minecraft universe.
Our community is global and incredibly diverse. We keep this in mind when developing anything, as we want people to feel included in Minecraft. And in recruiting, our goal is to make Mojang Studios as diverse as our community.
We got started as a tiny indie developer, and part of our culture still reflects that heritage. But we’re also proud to belong to Xbox Game Studios, which creates unique opportunities to grow and develop.
To help us achieve amazing things, we have built an equally amazing studio space. Situated right on the water by Söder Mälarstrand, it’s filled to the brim with all the tools, toys and caffeine required to create world-class entertainment.
But in the end, it’s the people of Mojang Studios that make this place truly special. When you join, you’ll find yourself in the company of incredibly bright, warm, and creative individuals – all united and working toward a single goal. Come help us reach it!