Mojang Studios is best known as the creators of Minecraft, but we’re also on a mission – to build a better world through the power of play.
Why play? Well, play is at the heart of everything we do. It’s the blocky backbone of our games, the core of our development philosophy, and even the origin of our name. From the relentless experimentation of our endlessly inspiring community to the classrooms where Minecraft has become an essential teaching tool, play is the bedrock of our existence.
- Lead and develop a high-level strategy for the team: shape roles and responsibilities according to skillsets, preferences, and band width.
- Mentor and support writers on the team as they grow in their respective roles.
- Lead recruitment, encourage education, and support other team developments.
- Support a few writers outside of the team who have a “dotted line” to you.
- Represent the team and its interests across a range of different forums, and in dialogue with the relevant stakeholders.
- Lead the work on tonality guidelines, direct and onboard writers to the voice of our IPs.
- Provide support as needed by writing about Minecraft-related goings-on for Minecraft.net, and engaging with our community for in-depth features.
- Help develop and write scripts, mostly for marketing and event productions.
- Facilitate workshops and brainstorms around upcoming campaigns, projects and updates, with the aim to effectively and authentically communicate the news across a range of mediums and assets.
- You have an excellent grasp of written English, and the ability to write for diverse audiences. This includes proven creative writing skills demonstrating a great ear for dialogue, humor and pace.
- You have a thorough understanding of storytelling and narrative design, as it will be relevant both directly in the team’s work, and in collaboration with game and narrative designers.
- You have experience writing against deadlines as well as managing your time across various projects, big and small.
- You have opinions on Mojang Studios as a company, our relationship with the community, and the products we offer. A general interest in video games also doesn’t hurt!
- You are willing to sometimes travel internationally and occasionally work outside of standard working hours.
- A plus if you have excellent research skills and a proactive attitude to finding exciting, fresh content for the Minecraft community.
Mojang Studios is a Microsoft-owned game developer. The company was founded in Stockholm, Sweden and has offices around the world, including Stockholm, Redmond, Tokyo, London, and Shanghai. We’re always working on new and exciting ways to expand the Minecraft universe.
Our community is global and incredibly diverse. We keep this in mind when developing anything, as we want people to feel included in Minecraft. And in recruiting, our goal is to make Mojang Studios as diverse as our community.
We got started as a tiny indie developer, and part of our culture still reflects that heritage. But we’re also proud to belong to Xbox Game Studios, which creates unique opportunities to grow and develop.
To help us achieve amazing things, we have built an equally amazing studio space. Situated right on the water by Söder Mälarstrand, it’s filled to the brim with all the tools, toys and caffeine required to create world-class entertainment.
But in the end, it’s the people of Mojang Studios that make this place truly special. When you join, you’ll find yourself in the company of incredibly bright, warm, and creative individuals – all united and working toward a single goal. Come help us reach it!