Mojang Studios is best known as the creators of Minecraft, but we’re also on a mission – to build a better world through the power of play.
Why play? Well, play is at the heart of everything we do. It’s the blocky backbone of our games, the core of our development philosophy, and even the origin of our name. From the relentless experimentation of our endlessly inspiring community to the classrooms where Minecraft has become an essential teaching tool, play is the bedrock of our existence.
As an Executive producer at Mojang you will be responsible for the end-to-end delivery of our gameplay updates, the beating heart of Minecraft that keeps one of the most popular games of all times going strong.
Together with producers, creative and technical leads you will ensure that we predictably deliver updates that drive player delight and engagement.
You are a game maker with a passion for maximizing player value as well as for building and evolving high performing teams. You have a positive attitude, a high level of integrity and proven ability to plan, create and maintain a highly effective milestone schedule for multiple disciplines in all phases of development, from concept to completion.
As an Executive producer in the Vanilla Gameplay team you will report to Head of Minecraft Vanilla.
- Product ownership and accountability for full lifecycle of delivering Gameplay Updates to Minecraft (planning, scoping, budgeting, execution, testing, final delivery, and evaluation)
- Communication and ensuring alignment on product vision, strategy, and long-term roadmap for Vanilla Gameplay Updates, both within team and with internal and external stakeholders.
- Continuous communication on progress towards deliverables and business goals.
- Proactive mitigation of risks to ensure success.
- Improving and optimizing the production process to ensure we work as effectively as possible.
- Ensuring a healthy balance of investment into new feature development, enhancements of existing features, tech, and quality.
- Manager for one or more producers.
Requirements and Experience
- 10+ years of experience as a Program Manager, Producer or related experience in the games industry.
- At least one high profile PC or console title shipped in a Production role from start to finish and/or extensive experience of working with Games as a Service.
- Willingness to work in a multi-studio environment; embrace the challenges that so many moving parts and different time zones present.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, in both written and verbal English, and be a master at conflict resolution... or else!
- Great presenter, with experience demonstrating games/products in front of audiences both large and small.
- Results driven and capable of balancing a project’s production requirements within budget and staff limitations while ensuring high production values are never compromised.
- Strategic and analytical decision maker.
Mojang Studios is a Microsoft-owned game developer. The company was founded in Stockholm, Sweden and has offices around the world, including Stockholm, Redmond, Tokyo, London, and Shanghai. We’re always working on new and exciting ways to expand the Minecraft universe.
Our community is global and incredibly diverse. We keep this in mind when developing anything, as we want people to feel included in Minecraft. And in recruiting, our goal is to make Mojang Studios as diverse as our community.
We got started as a tiny indie developer, and part of our culture still reflects that heritage. But we’re also proud to belong to Xbox Game Studios, which creates unique opportunities to grow and develop.
To help us achieve amazing things, we have built an equally amazing studio space. Situated right on the water by Söder Mälarstrand, it’s filled to the brim with all the tools, toys and caffeine required to create world-class entertainment.
But in the end, it’s the people of Mojang Studios that make this place truly special. When you join, you’ll find yourself in the company of incredibly bright, warm, and creative individuals – all united and working toward a single goal. Come help us reach it!