Mojang Studios is best known as the creators of Minecraft, but we’re also on a mission – to build a better world through the power of play.
Why play? Well, play is at the heart of everything we do. It’s the blocky backbone of our games, the core of our development philosophy, and even the origin of our name. From the relentless experimentation of our endlessly inspiring community to the classrooms where Minecraft has become an essential teaching tool, play is the bedrock of our existence.
The Mojang Audio team is expanding to help realize our dream of a better Minecraft experience. As a member of this team you will develop, extend and support audio tools and systems. You will do this in collaboration with the Audio Designer and / or Audio Lead, but also with other disciplines and under the supervision of the Audio Director. The audio programmer will be a source of knowledge and expertise among the audio team members, supporting Audio Designers in finding technical solutions, and will write clear and concise documentation on audio systems and tools developed.
Your main programming language will be C++, working with the Unreal Engine and middleware on our integrated editor/game development tools. You will innovate, advise, review and adapt our audio technology for use in multiple projects. You’ll join a cross-functional team and work closely with other programmers, designers, artists and testers all working together on a game enjoyed by over 100,000,000 players worldwide. We have big dreams for the future of Minecraft and need you to help make them happen!
By joining the team, you will find an environment that enables you to leverage your knowledge and values to maintain and evolve a healthy and collaborative culture as we grow.
Some of your tasks will be
- Design, implement, and iterate on new and existing audio systems and audio tools
- Collaborate with Audio Designers and the localization team to develop systems for audio implementation
- Support multiple teams within Mojang Studios with knowledge and practical help
- Contribute to maintenance of systems and pipeline
- Develop future technology beyond state of the art
- Experience in programming audio systems and features
- Knowledge of audio engineering, signal processing and principles of sound
- 3+ years of professional C/C++ programming experience.
- Familiarity or willingness to learn other languages typically used for tools (e.g. C#, python)
- Familiar with the creative side of sound effects and music.
- Experience with audio middleware (for example FMOD or Wwise)
- Experience with console development
- Tools, workflow and system development insight from a modern game engine
- Ability to accurately predict task duration and understand dependencies between different development groups or disciplines
Mojang Studios is a Microsoft-owned game developer. The company was founded in Stockholm, Sweden and has offices around the world, including Stockholm, Redmond, Tokyo, London, and Shanghai. We’re always working on new and exciting ways to expand the Minecraft universe.
Our community is global and incredibly diverse. We keep this in mind when developing anything, as we want people to feel included in Minecraft. And in recruiting, our goal is to make Mojang Studios as diverse as our community.
We got started as a tiny indie developer, and part of our culture still reflects that heritage. But we’re also proud to belong to Xbox Game Studios, which creates unique opportunities to grow and develop.
To help us achieve amazing things, we have built an equally amazing studio space. Situated right on the water by Söder Mälarstrand, it’s filled to the brim with all the tools, toys and caffeine required to create world-class entertainment.
But in the end, it’s the people of Mojang Studios that make this place truly special. When you join, you’ll find yourself in the company of incredibly bright, warm, and creative individuals – all united and working toward a single goal. Come help us reach it!