Mojang Studios is best known as the creators of Minecraft, but we’re also on a mission – to build a better world through the power of play.
Why play? Well, play is at the heart of everything we do. It’s the blocky backbone of our games, the core of our development philosophy, and even the origin of our name. From the relentless experimentation of our endlessly inspiring community to the classrooms where Minecraft has become an essential teaching tool, play is the bedrock of our existence.
The Minecraft UI team is expanding to help realize our dream of a better Minecraft experience. As Producer for the UI Framework Team, you will lead the team building our design system, component library and UI infrastructure to be used by multiple games, products and teams across our studios. You will be tasked with setting the strategy, roadmap and plan for evolving the design system, including onboarding and supporting multiple product teams in designing and building UI in a scalable and qualitative manner. You’ll be working in a cross-functional team and in close collaboration with UI/UX designers and artists, frontend developers and backend/engine developers. In our product organization, you’ll collaborate with other producers and stakeholders to coordinate and prioritize roadmaps and backlog, manage risks and dependencies, and align timelines.
Key to the Producer role is the ability to be thorough and proactive with great attention and eye for both the creative and technical work within the team, as well as having an ability to inspire and motivate your team and others. To succeed you will need to continually evolve, drive, and create new processes needed for our deliverables and organization. A strong attention to detail, self-motivation, flexibility, and an ability to connect with both developers and creators are a must.
As Producer for the UI Framework Team you will report to the Executive Producer, Games Foundation.
- Drive the vision and strategy for both the Design System and the UI infrastructure to meet the needs by multiple teams, products, and games across Mojang Studios. You will lead this work in partnership with our UX Director and together with the team and stakeholders.
- As Producer be accountable for the planning, prioritization, and resource management to meet the team, project or products roadmap, milestone deliveries and releases.
- Enable your team to deliver the best product possible - on time and budget.
- Manage stakeholders, dependencies and risks in technology, design, and art.
- Coordinate with teams across the franchise as well as external partners and production companies.
- Identify areas for improvements and execute on these improvements.
- Experience in gaming and/or tech companies (Product Manager, Product Owner, Program Manager, Producer).
- Experience leading UX projects and a great interest in the UX craft.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams including developers, UI/UX designers and artists.
- Have contributed to developing, shipping and/or managing service operations in at least one game project in similar roles.
- Experience from working with Design Systems is preferable.
- Experience in building teams and/or organizations with many dependencies supporting other teams.
- A natural leader and team player with strong communication and problem-solving skills. Excellent self-leadership skills, thorough and analytical, confident and able to say no.
- You have solid experience working in agile development environments.
- Confident in speaking and writing in English, even on production details, technical and business terms.
Mojang Studios is a Microsoft-owned game developer. The company was founded in Stockholm, Sweden and has offices around the world, including Stockholm, Redmond, Tokyo, London, and Shanghai. We’re always working on new and exciting ways to expand the Minecraft universe.
Our community is global and incredibly diverse. We keep this in mind when developing anything, as we want people to feel included in Minecraft. And in recruiting, our goal is to make Mojang Studios as diverse as our community.
We got started as a tiny indie developer, and part of our culture still reflects that heritage. But we’re also proud to belong to Xbox Game Studios, which creates unique opportunities to grow and develop.
To help us achieve amazing things, we have built an equally amazing studio space. Situated right on the water by Söder Mälarstrand, it’s filled to the brim with all the tools, toys and caffeine required to create world-class entertainment.
But in the end, it’s the people of Mojang Studios that make this place truly special. When you join, you’ll find yourself in the company of incredibly bright, warm, and creative individuals – all united and working toward a single goal. Come help us reach it!