CDD Onboarding Analyst
- Are you curious, excited by experimentation and always looking for a better way of doing things?
- Do you want to keep learning and developing whilst getting hands-on, payment-building experience?
- Do you want to have the opportunity to advance your knowledge of Compliance?
If so, we would love to hear from you!
We are looking to hire high-energy, and value-adding talent to join Modulr, the fastest growing payments business in the UK and Europe, to securely onboard new clients.
At Modulr our mission is to move money efficiently to power business productivity. We are building a new digital payments service to make money flow more efficiently through businesses and the economy. This is a new type of payments account that is built for businesses that need faster, easier and more reliable ways to move money.
Our flexible platform and innovate approach allows our customers to utilise our payments account instead of a traditional bank account. Our accounts come with a sort code and account number, access to payment systems (eg Faster Payments and Visa) and everything our customers need from a payments account. They can instantly open as many accounts as they need, automate how they make and receive payments as well as the reconciliation processes these create. All in real time, 24/7 through their own systems utilising our API that integrates into any platform.
Our founding team has a wealth of experience in the payments industry and growing successful businesses. Modulr is backed by payments giants PayPal Ventures and FIS Ventures, as well as startup and scale up specialists Blenheim Chalcot, General Atlantic, Frog and Highland Europe which enables us to leverage their resources and expertise to drive our growth initiatives. These partnerships provide us with the necessary provisions to propel our business to new heights.
- Building the extraordinary and going that extra mile
- Owning the opportunity, be passionate and proud of the time you invest
- Move at pace, reach your goals faster with us supporting you each step of the way
- Achieve it together, working as a team and being Modulite
The CDD Onboarding Analyst is a vital role within Modulr and this role will execute processes to mitigate risks to Modulr as they relate to Money Laundering/Terrorist Financing, Fraud, Sanctions and other Financial Crime risks (such as Anti-bribery & Corruption).
The successful CDD Onboarding Analyst will play a major role in leading and shaping the first line Risk & Compliance function to onboard new clients which will involve CDD checks, AML and adverse media screening, ownership structure reviews, risk assessments, policy reviews and occasional compliance audits with clients.
Depending on the project, you will need to be comfortable doing the following:
- Client Risk Assessments
- Customer Due Diligence (including Simplified and Enhanced Due Diligence)
- Performing Partner Audits (Internal and External)
- Stakeholder Engagement (Internal and External)
- Screening for Politically Exposed Persons and Sanctioned Individuals
- Reviewing Policies and Procedures and recommending amendments or changes to these documents in line with Modulr compliance requirements
As we’re a small team, this is a hands-on role; you’ll need to be comfortable getting into the detail and be happy to suggest improvements.
The successful CDD Onboarding Analyst will have a track-record in delivering results in a fast-moving business and hence be comfortable with change and uncertainty. Excellent stakeholder management experience is essential to being successful in this role.
The Ideal Candidate
- You’re passionate about protecting the business, whilst also supporting rapid growth.
- You love rolling up your sleeves and doing whatever’s required to achieve the goals of the compliance team and wider business.
- You have experience with onboarding businesses operating in multiple sectors
- You will have experience in reading and understanding company policies and procedures
- You will be comfortable with guiding partners and offering amendments to policies and procedures
- You’re excited about the prospect of taking ownership of compliance processes, whilst ensuring that they evolve so that the compliance programme continues to be aligned to the business’s growth plans.
- You’re structured and organised, able to handle the competing pressures of immediate compliance tasks and investigations alongside longer term projects.
- You’re comfortable working in an early-stage business, where time is critical, and things change frequently.
- You’re analytical and can assess risks and define appropriate controls based on these, communicating the links, effectiveness and any potential gaps clearly to others.
- You have an inquisitive mind and proactive approach to problem solving and issue resolution
- You enjoy self-leading and working independently in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- You enjoy sharing your knowledge and sharing your ideas about how we can improve.
- You’ve a strong interest in FinTech and financial crime.
What can Modulr offer you
You’ll be part of a cross disciplinary team(s), some might be in Edinburgh, London, or Amsterdam. We are friendly and sociable, challenging but rewarding. We want you to push yourself and for us to support you in your future as we scale up and grow. Our culture and values are putting you first and are about investing in your future.
- Share Options Incentive Scheme
- Company Bonus - the more successful we are together, the more company bonus we offer
- Enhanced Pension
- Flexible benefits - £1000 to spend on a variety of benefits for you to choose from which suit your lifestyle and needs
- Perkbox - enjoy freebies and discounts on many other products and services
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) + your birthday off - choose which days you take off to relax and/or spend time with loved ones
- Learning Opportunities – on joining Modulr you will embark on our 3-day onboarding programme to be equipped with the Modulr know-how and arm you with the tools you need to be successful from day 1! But, we don’t want your learning to stop there so we will continue to provide you with the tools and capabilities through our learning channels and platforms to allow you to grow and develop in Modulr.
- Modulr hands-on - join your colleagues for our company wide events throughout the year.
- Great workspace - Modulr thrives on innovation which is best done through in-person collaboration. This approach enables us to work together closely, exchange ideas, and create innovative solutions that drive our success. We have state of the art offices located in WeWork in Edinburgh, ScaleSpace in London, and WeWork in Amsterdam.
We believe that by seeing Modulr, and the world, from all sorts of angles, we can make life better for all. We want you to know that the things that make you, you — like your identity, age, ability, and background — are things that we will always celebrate and support with open arms. As such, we are keen to maximise the diversity of our workforce and actively encourage applications from anyone and everyone.