Who We Are at Cold Start
Cold Start is a single LP, industry agnostic venture building studio working to bring visionary ideas to reality. The Cold Start team believes that the opportunity to create industry defining, tech-forward ventures is bigger than ever today. Our leadership team comes from Airbnb, Elemy, Google and have raised from General Catalyst, Founders Fund, and Tiger Global. Cold Start’s portfolio has created >$400M in enterprise value in less than 48 months.
Come join some of the country's best operators and builders to make an impact that will last generations.
About The Role
In the role of a Front-End Software Engineer, you’ll play a key part in creating high-quality user interfaces for Wilton Cross’s suite of digital products.
What You’ll Do
- As a part of our team, you will be building new technology and product that will ultimately be used by millions of people every day, making real an impact on their lives
- You’ll develop end-to-end user interfaces that help patients with substance abuse disorders receive top-notch therapy
- You’ll think strategically about how to architect solutions that are easily reusable and modularized across our various product initiatives
- You’ll work closely with designers to ensure that all UX/UI is technically feasible, and be proactive about giving feedback to areas we can improve to ensure the optimal solution is built
- You’ll work closely with product managers and designers to understand user pain points and work on solutions to address those pains
- You’ll collaborate closely with the team to ensure we always build the best product solutions possible
What You’ll Need
- You have 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Understand how NodeJS works and how it can be used with client applications
- You deliver clean code adhering to best practices, and help give critical feedback in code reviews to your peers
- You have a strong understanding of OOP and have software development experience in TDD techniques
- You have experience with CI/CD processes and Dockers experience
- You have experience with cloud solutions implemented within Amazon Web Services
- Modern source control systems experience and understanding the basics of the modern software development process (Agile, Scrum)
- You’re proactive about asking questions and challenging feature ideas and have a desire to always ensure we’re building the right solutions (and are vocal about ensuring we do)
- You’re product and user experience minded, and understand that how we build it matters as much as what we build
- Fluent/Advanced English
We don’t expect complex algorithms. This is not crucial if you don't use TypeScript, or React but on this side, you are ready to learn and spend some free time to get up to speed.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position.
Cold Start is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing all employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We celebrate diversity and welcome applicants from every background and life experience.