Here at Modern Meadow, we are harnessing the power of design, biology, and engineering to produce a range of bioproducts. As we continue to grow we are seeking to hire a Process Development Engineer who can optimize processes and progressively scale the company’s processing technology from laboratory to production.
- Drive innovation projects in materials business unit to unlock technology potential and lead product development activity by working with potential customers, partners, consultants and internal technical team members
- Develop new technology platforms or product concepts to offer unique solutions or address unmet needs in different application areas such as automotive, furniture and performance sports
- Collaborate with business development team and other stakeholders to scout different opportunity spaces and feed new ideas and projects into innovation pipeline
- Responsible for successful tech transfer, process optimization and setting up robust production process by working with production managers and personnel at production facilities
- Responsible for managing projects by maintaining good communication across all stakeholders, efficient resource management, optimal decision making and employing good risk mitigation strategies
- Be a strong technical consultant for other projects as they move towards later stages of commercialization in innovation process
- Provide engineering technical leadership for capital projects by providing PFDs, P&IDs and equipment functional specifications for different unit operations involved
- Perform technoeconomic analysis to guide the sponsoring team in making successful business choices for capital projects
- Anticipate the need to be cost competitive or resource competitive on existing products and technology platforms and work with internal stakeholders to initiate new projects and investments protecting the long term viability and enable Modern Meadow to dominate in certain market spaces
- Bachelors or master’s degree in chemical engineering, material science, polymer chemistry and other relevant fields with 5-8 years of relevant experience in material companies addressing key markets such as automotive, performance sport and furniture or Ph.D in any of above mentioned areas with 2 years of industry experience
- Direct experience in optimizing and troubleshooting different production processes such as coatings, finishing and lamination for different application areas
- Experience with different textile constructions, fiber chemistries, finishing chemistries and exposure to most sustainable practices in the industry to improve the LCA impacts of the products is required
- Experience in experimental design/DOE, statistical analysis, and process optimization with experience with sheet extrusion and other polymer processing methods a plus
- Critical thinker, problem solver, innovator, eager to learn/question
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment without sacrificing accuracy and quality of work
- Strong commitment to safety and provide safety leadership within the team
- Organized and detail oriented, particularly regarding maintaining records and documentation
- Strong team player and good interpersonal skills
Modern Meadow is an equal opportunity employer.
In accordance with anti-discrimination law, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and
affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability
status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.