Modern Health is a mental health benefits platform for employers. We are the first global mental health solution to offer employees access to one-on-one, group, and self-serve digital resources for their emotional, professional, social, financial, and physical well-being needs—all within a single platform. Whether someone wants to proactively manage stress or treat depression, Modern Health guides people to the right care at the right time. We empower companies to help all their employees be the best version of themselves, and believe in meeting people wherever they are in their mental health journey.
We are a female-founded company, backed by investors like Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, John Doerr, Y Combinator, and Battery Ventures. We partner with 330+ global companies like Lyft, Electronic Arts, Pixar, Clif Bar, Okta, and Udemy that are taking a proactive approach to mental health care for their employees. Modern Health has raised more than $170 million in less than two years with a valuation of $1.17 billion, making Modern Health the fastest entirely female-founded company in the U.S. to reach unicorn status.
We tripled our headcount in 2021 and as a hyper-growth company with a fully remote workforce, we prioritize our people-first culture (winning awards including Fortune's Best Workplaces in the Bay Area 2021). To protect our culture and help our team stay connected, we require overlapping hours for everyone. While many roles may function from anywhere in the world—see individual job listing for more—team members who live outside the Pacific time zone must be comfortable working early in the morning or late at night; all full-time employees must work at least six hours between 8 am and 5 pm Pacific time each workday.
We are looking for driven, creative, and passionate individuals to join in our mission. An inclusive and diverse culture are key components of mental well-being in the workplace, and that starts with how we build our own team. If you're excited about a role, we'd love to hear from you!
Come join our rapidly growing People Team at Modern Health and be a key architect of our strategic People Partner roadmap!
You will be a key member of the People Team focusing on our People Partner capabilities to support our continued growth. We are seeking an enthusiastic, collaborative, and innovative Sr People Partner to develop the talent strategy and advise on all things People such as performance management, talent development, leadership coaching, organizational design, and employee relations. This role is critical to our ability to successfully support and scale a high-growth organization by driving strategic people initiatives. In this role, you will have a direct impact on the employee experience and company success at Modern Health.
You will report to our Chief People Officer and work closely with the People Partner and People Ops teams to deliver an employee experience that continually ‘Raises the Bar’ and puts ‘People First.’ You will also partner seamlessly across functional lines with our Recruiting, Legal, Finance, and IT teams to spot & solve issues and inform on build out of processes and policies that scale.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Hawaii.
What You’ll Do-
- Be a strategic business partner to client team leaders to ensure employee advocacy
- Design and execute progressive talent strategies to address performance, engagement and development, and retention for your client teams
- Ensure that we are positioned to scale quickly and efficiently to meet the needs of the business.
- Support Modern Health leadership team and people managers through all people processes including compensation, talent development, performance management, employee relations, change management, organizational design, etc.
- Coach and develop leaders at all levels within the organization, from line managers through executives
- Collaborate with other People Team functions (People Ops, Recruiting) and key cross-functional stakeholders to inform the design and implementation of strategic people programs and initiatives
- Act as a culture ambassador, fostering equity, diversity and inclusion, and belonging
- Use good judgment and utilize both qualitative and quantitative data to inform key business and people decisions
- As a member of the People team, uphold and promote Modern Health’s values; handle sensitive employee relations issues as needed; and support employee engagement initiatives
Who You Are-
- 6+ years of People/HR experience, with at least 2+ years of HRBP experience partnering directly with leaders
- Ability to strike a balance between strategic partnership-building and getting things done
- Comfortable utilizing qualitative and quantitative approaches to problem solving and root cause analysis to tell a story and translate it into actionable strategy
- Excellent judgment and problem solving capabilities; as well as ability to make pragmatic and thoughtful decisions
- Deep sense of empathy and understanding for the needs of diverse groups of people
- Expertise in building trusting relationships with senior leaders and cross-functional stakeholders (i.e., Finance, Legal)
- An advocate for others, speaking up even when it’s difficult, and seeing others accomplish their goals
- organizational, facilitation, and project management skills
- Have a passion for seeing others grow through coaching, mentoring, and career development
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in destigmatizing mental health care and providing access to all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission - we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting.
Modern Health is a primarily distributed (remote) company. If hired, you will work as a remote employee unless the job you are applying for has a different work model specified.
- Medical / Dental / Vision / Disability / Life Insurance (Modern Health offers 100% coverage for employees and 75% of dependent insurance premiums)
- High deductible health plan option with health savings account
- Modern Health product or equivalent cost of external care
- Flexible PTO
- Company-wide mental health days
- Unlimited career growth opportunity
- Parental leave policy
- Family Forming Benefit through Carrot
- Professional Development Stipend
- Financial planning through Origin
But wait there’s more…!
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
- Mental Wellness Benefit
- Annual Wellness Stipend to use on items that promote your overall well being
- Natural Disaster Relief Stipend
- Mod Squad Community: Virtual events like active ERGs, holiday themed activities, team-building events and more!