Modern Health is a mental health benefits platform for employers. We are the first global mental health solution to offer employees access to one-on-one, group, and self-serve digital resources for their emotional, professional, social, financial, and physical well-being needs—all within a single platform. Whether someone wants to proactively manage stress or treat depression, Modern Health guides people to the right care at the right time. We empower companies to help all their employees be the best version of themselves, and believe in meeting people wherever they are in their mental health journey.
We are a female-founded company, backed by investors like Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, John Doerr, Y Combinator, and Battery Ventures. We partner with 330+ global companies like Lyft, Electronic Arts, Pixar, Clif Bar, Okta, and Udemy that are taking a proactive approach to mental health care for their employees. Modern Health has raised more than $170 million in less than two years with a valuation of $1.17 billion, making Modern Health the fastest entirely female-founded company in the U.S. to reach unicorn status.
We tripled our headcount in 2021 and as a hyper-growth company with a fully remote workforce, we prioritize our people-first culture (winning awards including Fortune's Best Workplaces in the Bay Area 2021). To protect our culture and help our team stay connected, we require overlapping hours for everyone. While many roles may function from anywhere in the world—see individual job listing for more—team members who live outside the Pacific time zone must be comfortable working early in the morning or late at night; all full-time employees must work at least six hours between 8 am and 5 pm Pacific time each workday.
We are looking for driven, creative, and passionate individuals to join in our mission. An inclusive and diverse culture are key components of mental well-being in the workplace, and that starts with how we build our own team. If you're excited about a role, we'd love to hear from you!
You'll be given lots of responsibility and the opportunity to have true ownership as we build out the culture of quality at Modern Health. You will be involved at all stages of product development as the primary driver for ensuring that the product is reliably joyful. You'll love this role if you are enthusiastic about getting to the root of problems, are passionate about raising the bar for software quality, and think that quality is about more than just bugs.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Hawaii.
What You’ll Do-
- Formalize and centralize QA and release practices
- Establish processes for coordinating different testing strategies
- Set up a test case management system
- Create reporting systems to give engineers and product managers an easy way to view test results
- Determine nonfunctional quality guidelines and work with PM, design, and engineering to ensure their execution
- Work with engineers to ensure that test systems are integrated into the CI pipeline
- Establish load and stress testing strategies
- Write test cases and determine what should and should not be automated
- Formalize and run bug triages
Who You Are-
- Has deep experience in running QA processes and systems
- Can operate independently and act as a practice leader
- Is comfortable working in multiple platforms and multiple tech stacks
- Has set up or administered test management tools such as X-Ray, Testrail, etc
- 100% coverage for Medical / Dental / Vision / Disability / Life Insurance (and dependents covered at 50%)
- High deductible health plan option with health savings account
- Modern Health product or equivalent cost of external care
- Flexible PTO
- Company-wide mental health days
- Unlimited career growth opportunity
- Parental leave policy
- Family Forming Benefit through Carrot
- Professional Development Stipend
- Financial planning through Origin
But wait there’s more…!
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
- Mental Wellness Benefit
- Annual Wellness Stipend to use on items that promote your overall well being
- Natural Disaster Relief Stipend
- Mod Squad Community: Virtual events like active ERGs, holiday themed activities, team-building events and more!