Modern Health is a mental health benefits platform for employers. We are the first global mental health solution to offer employees access to one-on-one, group, and self-serve digital resources for their emotional, professional, social, financial, and physical well-being needs—all within a single platform. Whether someone wants to proactively manage stress or treat depression, Modern Health guides people to the right care at the right time. We empower companies to help all their employees be the best version of themselves, and believe in meeting people wherever they are in their mental health journey.
We are a female-founded company, backed by investors like Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, John Doerr, Y Combinator, and Battery Ventures. We partner with 330+ global companies like Lyft, Electronic Arts, Pixar, Clif Bar, Okta, and Udemy that are taking a proactive approach to mental health care for their employees. Modern Health has raised more than $170 million in less than two years with a valuation of $1.17 billion, making Modern Health the fastest entirely female-founded company in the U.S. to reach unicorn status.
We tripled our headcount in 2021 and as a hyper-growth company with a fully remote workforce, we prioritize our people-first culture (winning awards including Fortune's Best Workplaces in the Bay Area 2021). To protect our culture and help our team stay connected, we require overlapping hours for everyone. While many roles may function from anywhere in the world—see individual job listing for more—team members who live outside the Pacific time zone must be comfortable working early in the morning or late at night; all full-time employees must work at least six hours between 8 am and 5 pm Pacific time each workday.
We are looking for driven, creative, and passionate individuals to join in our mission. An inclusive and diverse culture are key components of mental well-being in the workplace, and that starts with how we build our own team. If you're excited about a role, we'd love to hear from you!
Modern Health is looking for an experienced Head of Consultant Relations to shape and drive our most successful go-to-market vertical. In this highly visible role, you'd be a key partner to the COO, SVP of Sales, and the Modern Health executive team. You will be responsible for a team of 10+ dedicated Business Development Representatives and experienced Partnership Managers focused on driving new business opportunities to our Sales team and supporting the end-to-end partner experience. The ideal candidate is highly motivated, enthusiastic, relationship-oriented, and mission-driven.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Hawaii.
What You’ll Do-
- Develop and mentor a team of high-performing Business Development Representatives and Partners Managers.
- Build and execute strategic growth initiatives with top employee benefits consultants and firms.
- Own the end-to-end partner experience and drive operational excellence across the organization.
- Build and implement enablement and engagement playbooks for BDRs, Partnership Managers, and Account Executives to drive key metrics.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Leadership from internal teams including Product, Clinical Care, Client Success, Legal, Finance, and Operations.
Who You Are-
- 7+ years of experience in the employer healthcare benefit consultant/broker space
- 4+ years of managing high performing teams
- Experience in channel, consulting, strategy, or business development
- Great track record of sourcing, developing and maintaining partner relationships
- High EQ, strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills, polished communications, and a proven track record of success with strategic account management
- Maintains a deep understanding of the healthcare/benefits space
- High attention to detail, strong presentation skills, and the desire to lead strategic projects with high visibility
- Self-starter, reliable team player with the ability to deliver quality projects on time
- Ability to thrive in a rapidly changing environment, and successfully manage multiple projects with a sense of urgency
- Medical / Dental / Vision / Disability / Life Insurance (Modern Health offers 100% coverage for employees and 75% of dependent insurance premiums)
- High deductible health plan option with health savings account
- Modern Health product or equivalent cost of external care
- Flexible PTO
- Company-wide mental health days
- Unlimited career growth opportunity
- Parental leave policy
- Family Forming Benefit through Carrot
- Professional Development Stipend
- Financial planning through Origin
But wait there’s more…!
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
- Mental Wellness Benefit
- Annual Wellness Stipend to use on items that promote your overall well being
- Natural Disaster Relief Stipend
- Mod Squad Community: Virtual events like active ERGs, holiday themed activities, team-building events and more!