Modern Health is a mental health benefits platform for employers. We are the first solution to cover the full spectrum of mental well-being needs through both evidence-based digital content and professional support from a global network of certified coaches or therapists all in one comprehensive app. Whether someone wants to proactively manage stress or treat depression, Modern Health guides people to the right care at the right time. We empower companies to help all of their employees be the best version of themselves, and believe in meeting people wherever they are in their mental health journey.
We are a female-founded company, backed by investors like Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, John Doerr, Y Combinator, and Battery Ventures. We partner with 220+ global companies like Lyft, SoFi, Pixar, Gusto, Okta, and Udemy that are taking a proactive approach to mental health care for their employees. Modern Health has raised more than $170 million in less than two years with a valuation of $1.17 billion, making Modern Health the fastest entirely female-founded company in the U.S. to reach unicorn status. We are looking for driven, creative, and passionate individuals to join in our mission.
In 2020 we tripled our employee headcount, doubled our customer base and grew our revenue 10x. As a hyper-growth company we have maintained our people-first culture winning awards including Fortune’s Best Workplaces in the Bay Area 2021 and maintaining an employee retention rate of 99.97% and an overall Glassdoor rating of 4.9 out of 5.
An inclusive and diverse culture are key components of mental well-being in the workplace, and that starts with how we build our own team. If you’re excited about this role, we’d love to hear from you!
As a Strategy and Business Operations team member, you will partner with senior leaders across the company on questions critical to Modern Health’s near-term and long-term success. Your objective will be to develop and execute strategies and processes to optimize the business for its next stages of growth. You would tackle ambiguous, open-ended questions, perform quantitative and qualitative analysis, evaluate potential solutions, and synthesize findings into compelling and actionable recommendations for the business. You will also work cross-functionally with teams across the company to execute on many of the initiatives you help develop. We’re looking for someone who is equal parts strategic, data-driven, and operationally-oriented (have a “get stuff done” attitude).
We’re committed to the health and safety of the community, so our team is currently working remotely and will continue to do so for the near term. Permanently remote opportunities are specifically indicated. This position is not eligible to be performed in Colorado or Hawaii.
What You’ll Do-
- Independently own and drive projects or work streams within large, cross-functional projects that are vital to the success of the business (e.g. business performance, strategic initiatives, etc)
- Partner with leaders throughout the company to build business cases for new initiatives that address strategic cross-functional issues
- Structure complex problems and perform analyses to identify risks/opportunities that are key to effectively scaling the company
- Turn your insights into compelling and actionable recommendations that will guide impactful product and business decisions
- Communicate effectively by distilling complex thoughts and strategies into simple, actionable recommendations
- Synthesize feedback from functional teams, customers, users, and other stakeholders to identify process gaps and optimization opportunities
Who You Are-
- 5+ years of experience in consulting, investment banking, VC and/or corporate strategy/business operations in tech; healthcare experience a strong plus
- Experience identifying and developing business cases for strategic growth opportunities and operational improvements and can execute projects from inception to completion
- Strong analytical skills and experience leveraging data into business impact (proficiency in Excel and data visualization tools)
- Proven success working autonomously and flexing up and down the work spectrum effortlessly
- Ability to develop and present (via presentations, dashboards, etc.) complex issues in a digestible and compelling manner
- Humble, scrappy, and thrive in fast-paced environments
- Growth mindset and are willing to quickly adapt and learn new things
- 100% coverage for Medical / Dental / Vision / Disability / Life Insurance (and dependents covered at 50%)
- High deductible health plan option with health savings account
- Modern Health product or equivalent cost of external care
- Flexible PTO
- Company-wide mental health days
- Unlimited career growth opportunity
- Parental leave policy
- Family Forming Benefit through Carrot
- Professional Development Stipend
- Financial planning through Origin
But wait there’s more…!
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
- WFH Equipment Stipend
- Natural Disaster Relief Stipend
- Mod Squad Community: Virtual events like active ERGs, holiday themed activities, team-building events and more!