Modern Health is a mental health benefits platform for employers. We are the first solution to cover the full spectrum of mental well-being needs through both evidence-based digital content and professional support from a global network of certified coaches or therapists all in one comprehensive app. Whether someone wants to proactively manage stress or treat depression, Modern Health guides people to the right care at the right time. We empower companies to help all of their employees be the best version of themselves, and believe in meeting people wherever they are in their mental health journey.
We are a female-founded company, backed by investors like Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, John Doerr, Y Combinator, and Battery Ventures. We partner with 220+ global companies like Lyft, SoFi, Pixar, Gusto, Okta, and Udemy that are taking a proactive approach to mental health care for their employees. Modern Health has raised more than $170 million in less than two years with a valuation of $1.17 billion, making Modern Health the fastest entirely female-founded company in the U.S. to reach unicorn status. We are looking for driven, creative, and passionate individuals to join in our mission.
In 2020 we tripled our employee headcount, doubled our customer base and grew our revenue 10x. As a hyper-growth company we have maintained our people-first culture winning awards including Fortune’s Best Workplaces in the Bay Area 2021 and maintaining an employee retention rate of 99.97% and an overall Glassdoor rating of 4.9 out of 5.
An inclusive and diverse culture are key components of mental well-being in the workplace, and that starts with how we build our own team. If you’re excited about this role, we’d love to hear from you!
Modern Health is looking to add a senior leader to the Operations team. In this role, you will manage our Launch Operations, Strategic Operations, and Circles teams while serving as a thought partner for strategic decisions across the entire organization. This is a unique opportunity for candidates who are eager to scale several critical business functions and provide support, coaching, and guidance to a team of high-performance managers and individual contributors. This role reports to our VP of Operations.
We’re committed to the health and safety of the community, so our team is currently working remotely and will continue to do so for the near term. Permanently remote opportunities are specifically indicated. This position is not eligible to be performed in Colorado or Hawaii.
What You’ll Do-
- Provide leadership, coaching, and professional development to the Launch Operations, Strategic Operations, and Circles teams
- Partner with the VP of Operations on strategic planning, budgeting, team design, and other strategic areas for the organization
- Serve as the “voice of Ops” for several internal initiatives and build strong partnerships with stakeholders such as Sales, CS, Tech, and Clinical Care
- Implement new systems and processes to drive leverage and efficiency across Operations
- Evaluate functional performance by gathering, analyzing, and interpreting data and metrics
- Identify, scope, and lead other special projects as needed
Who You Are-
- You have 10+ years of operational experience, including people management, project management, systems implementation, stakeholder alignment, and capacity planning
- You have experience scaling critical business functions at high-growth startups
- You are a problem solver and are able to analyze, troubleshoot and resolve issues
- You are a team player who enjoys identifying group pain points and improving them
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You are humble, scrappy, and thrive in fast-paced environments
- 100% coverage for Medical / Dental / Vision / Disability / Life Insurance (and dependents covered at 50%)
- High deductible health plan option with health savings account
- Modern Health product or equivalent cost of external care
- Flexible PTO
- Company-wide mental health days
- Unlimited career growth opportunity
- Parental leave policy
- Family Forming Benefit through Carrot
- Professional Development Stipend
- Financial planning through Origin
But wait there’s more…!
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
- WFH Equipment Stipend
- Natural Disaster Relief Stipend
- Mod Squad Community: Virtual events like active ERGs, holiday themed activities, team-building events and more!