Modern Health is a mental health benefits platform for employers. We are the first solution to cover the full spectrum of mental well-being needs through both evidence-based digital content and professional support from a global network of certified coaches or therapists all in one comprehensive app. Whether someone wants to proactively manage stress or treat depression, Modern Health guides people to the right care at the right time. We empower companies to help all of their employees be the best version of themselves, and believe in meeting people wherever they are in their mental health journey.
We are a female-founded company, backed by investors like Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, John Doerr, Y Combinator, and Battery Ventures. We partner with 220+ global companies like Lyft, SoFi, Pixar, Gusto, Okta, and Udemy that are taking a proactive approach to mental health care for their employees. Modern Health has raised more than $170 million in less than two years with a valuation of $1.17 billion, making Modern Health the fastest entirely female-founded company in the U.S. to reach unicorn status. We are looking for driven, creative, and passionate individuals to join in our mission.
In 2020 we tripled our employee headcount, doubled our customer base and grew our revenue 10x. As a hyper-growth company we have maintained our people-first culture winning awards including Fortune’s Best Workplaces in the Bay Area 2021 and maintaining an employee retention rate of 99.97% and an overall Glassdoor rating of 4.9 out of 5.
An inclusive and diverse culture are key components of mental well-being in the workplace, and that starts with how we build our own team. If you’re excited about this role, we’d love to hear from you!
Providing exceptional care is at the heart of Modern Health. We are looking for a Clinical and Scientific Affairs Liaison to join our Clinical Strategy and Research team to ensure that the work we are doing is communicated clearly and effectively internally and externally. In this role, you will report to the VP of Clinical Strategy and Research.
We’re committed to the health and safety of the community, so our team is currently working remotely and will continue to do so for the near term. Permanently remote opportunities are specifically indicated. This position is not eligible to be performed in Colorado or Hawaii.
What You’ll Do-
- Be the liaison between the Clinical Strategy and Research team and the Sales, Client Success, and Marketing teams to ensure that the clinical and scientific advances are shared with the market in a clear and compelling way
- Provide clinical and scientific information to prospects, clients, and brokers in a timely, concise, compelling, and clear way through both verbal and written communication (e.g. joining calls with prospects, responding to RFPs)
- Synthesize feedback from client, prospect, and broker conversations to share back with clinical and scientific teams to inform strategy
- Stay abreast of relevant mental health updates in industry and academic contexts to inform clinical and research strategy
- Train and support internal teams on the clinical science underlying the Modern Health approach to mental health
- Develop processes to ensure that the subject matter expertise on the Clinical and Research teams is scaled efficiently and effectively
Who You Are-
- You have an advanced degree in clinical psychology or related field; Master’s level degree required, doctoral preferred
- You are experienced in reviewing, synthesizing, and communicating clinical and scientific information to broad audiences in a clear and compelling manner
- You have a strong strategic and analytic (quantitative and qualitative) approach
- You are operationally savvy and prefer to build systems instead of single-use solutions
- You enjoy working in dynamic and ambiguous environments with lots of interdisciplinary collaboration
- You have strong attention to detail and you care deeply that your end-product is both effective and engaging
- You are passionate about innovating and moving mental health care into the future
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills across multiple settings
- You are able to manage multiple activities and projects and prioritize activities accordingly
- You have experience in establishing strong, collaborative working relationships with clinicians, scientists, and cross-functional partners (e.g., Sales, CS, Marketing)
- 100% coverage for Medical / Dental / Vision / Disability / Life Insurance (and dependents covered at 50%)
- High deductible health plan option with health savings account
- Modern Health product or equivalent cost of external care
- Flexible PTO
- Company-wide mental health days
- Unlimited career growth opportunity
- Parental leave policy
- Family Forming Benefit through Carrot
- Professional Development Stipend
- Financial planning through Origin
But wait there’s more…!
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
- WFH Equipment Stipend
- Natural Disaster Relief Stipend
- Mod Squad Community: Virtual events like active ERGs, holiday themed activities, team-building events and more!