Modern Health is a mental health benefits platform for employers. We are the first solution to cover the full spectrum of mental well-being needs through both evidence-based digital content and professional support from a global network of certified coaches or therapists all in one comprehensive app. Whether someone wants to proactively manage stress or treat depression, Modern Health guides people to the right care at the right time. We empower companies to help all of their employees be the best version of themselves, and believe in meeting people wherever they are in their mental health journey.
We are a female-founded company, backed by investors like Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, John Doerr, Y Combinator, and Battery Ventures. We partner with 220+ global companies like Lyft, SoFi, Pixar, Gusto, Okta, and Udemy that are taking a proactive approach to mental health care for their employees. Modern Health has raised more than $170 million in less than two years with a valuation of $1.17 billion, making Modern Health the fastest entirely female-founded company in the U.S. to reach unicorn status. We are looking for driven, creative, and passionate individuals to join in our mission.
In 2020 we tripled our employee headcount, doubled our customer base and grew our revenue 10x. As a hyper-growth company we have maintained our people-first culture winning awards including Fortune’s Best Workplaces in the Bay Area 2021.
An inclusive and diverse culture are key components of mental well-being in the workplace, and that starts with how we build our own team. If you’re excited about this role, we’d love to hear from you!
Modern Health is looking for a talented RFP/Proposal Writer. As part of this role, you will respond to proposals submitted from potential and existing customers that are interested in Modern Health. As an RFP/Proposal Writer, you will spend 70% of your time responding to RFPs and developing detailed proposal documents for customers. In addition to developing these documents, this role will develop and curate a detailed repository of responses and documents to help streamline the process. This person will also work closely with Sales, Product Marketing, Content, and Solutions Engineering to develop content and marketing assets to satisfy high volume requests as well as prepare for the questions to support new products.
We’re committed to the health and safety of the community, so our team is currently working remotely and will continue to do so for the near term. Permanently remote opportunities are specifically indicated. This position is not eligible to be performed in Colorado or Hawaii.
What You’ll Do-
- Learn, know and understand at a detailed level the capabilities of Modern Health and the complexities within the healthcare industry.
- Manage, Review and collate RFP documentation requests into comprehensive and professional response documents.
- Perform analysis on incoming RFPs to determine industry and functionality trends
- Grow your digital health knowledge to become a subject matter expert and go-to team member for related questions
- In conjunction with our Account Executive team, manage and execute detailed proposal documents outlining the value of Modern Health’s products and how they will impact a customer’s business needs.
- Develop and own the proposal templates
- Work cross-functionally to drive visibility and collaboration for process improvement
Who You Are-
- 6+ years of RFP experience of which at least 3 years+ in Healthcare or related field
- Great storyteller
- Designed RFP processes with proven increases in win rates
- Impeccable verbal and written communication that is able to clearly and professionally convey the capabilities, ideas, and value of Modern Health to a variety of audiences.
- The ability to troubleshoot responses that involve multiple stakeholders and aggressive timelines
- 100% coverage for Medical / Dental / Vision / Disability / Life Insurance (and dependents covered at 60%)
- High deductible health plan option with health savings account
- Modern Health product or equivalent cost of external care
- Flexible PTO
- Company-wide mental health days
- Unlimited career growth opportunity
- Parental leave policy
- Family Forming Benefit through Carrot
- Professional Development Stipend
- Financial planning through Origin
But wait there’s more…!
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
- WFH Equipment Stipend
- Natural Disaster Relief Stipend
- Mod Squad Community: Virtual events like active ERGs, holiday themed activities, team-building events and more!