Modern Health is a mental health benefits platform for employers. We are the first solution to cover the full spectrum of mental well-being needs through both evidence-based digital content and professional support from a global network of certified coaches or therapists all in one comprehensive app. Whether someone wants to proactively manage stress or treat depression, Modern Health guides people to the right care at the right time. We empower companies to help all of their employees be the best version of themselves, and believe in meeting people wherever they are in their mental health journey.
We are a female-founded company, backed by investors like Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, John Doerr, Y Combinator, and Battery Ventures. We partner with 220+ global companies like Lyft, SoFi, Pixar, Gusto, Okta, and Udemy that are taking a proactive approach to mental health care for their employees. Modern Health has raised more than $170 million in less than two years with a valuation of $1.17 billion, making Modern Health the fastest entirely female-founded company in the U.S. to reach unicorn status. We are looking for driven, creative, and passionate individuals to join in our mission.
In 2020 we tripled our employee headcount, doubled our customer base and grew our revenue 10x. As a hyper-growth company we have maintained our people-first culture winning awards including Fortune’s Best Workplaces in the Bay Area 2021.
An inclusive and diverse culture are key components of mental well-being in the workplace, and that starts with how we build our own team. If you’re excited about this role, we’d love to hear from you!
We are seeking an operationally-minded individual to be a key leader in our quickly growing Accounting team. In this role, you will help lead accounting operations, including financial reporting preparation, general ledger management, payroll, revenue and receivables, accounts payable, stock administration, tax and treasury. To support Modern Health's growth, you will help lead the implementation of systems, assist in designing our control environment, and develop new and improve existing processes and policies. Reporting to the Controller, you will gain exposure to senior-level decision-making team members and develop lasting relationships across the company.
The ideal candidate needs to be a dynamic self-starter with a passion for continuous process improvement in a fast paced, high growth environment and the ability to clearly communicate recommendations and lead our team to deliver results.
We’re committed to the health and safety of the community, so our team is currently working remotely and will continue to do so for the near term. Permanently remote opportunities are specifically indicated. This position is not eligible to be performed in Colorado or Hawaii.
What You’ll Do-
- Assist in overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Accounting team to produce timely and accurate financial information for internal and external reporting purposes, including general ledger accounting functions, payroll, revenue and receivables, accounts payable, tax, treasury and financial reporting
- Manage month-end close process including financial statement analysis, profit and loss, and balance sheet fluctuation commentaries
- Lead the general ledger activities, including the review of journal entries and account reconciliations
- Prepare various technical accounting analyses, policies, and procedures
- Oversee audit processes and proactively communicate with auditors on accounting for complex transactions
- Strengthen internal controls to mitigate financial risk and ensure accuracy of company records
- Organize corporate tax compliance to ensure the accurate and timely completion of all government reporting and tax filings across all geographical areas in which the company operates
- Help manage Accounting team, drive performance by setting goals and development plans, and foster an environment to achieve those goals through ongoing feedback and conducting performance reviews
Who You Are-
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA license preferred, Big Four or national accounting firm experience preferred
- 7+ years of progressive accounting experience; public company and SaaS experience preferred
- Experience with IPO readiness, internal controls, SEC rules and regulations, and acquisition accounting
- In depth knowledge of U.S. GAAP, including familiarity with accounting positions and related guidance provided by SEC and other governing entities; specifically, experience with ASC 606 and equity accounting a plus
- Strong analytical skills and impeccable attention to detail
- Passionate about building and comfortable working in a fast-paced changing environment
- Strong people management experience and proven ability to deliver outstanding results through others in a timely manner using a strong sense of focus, organization, and thoughtful team design
- Prior IPO experience preferred
- Prior experience working for a public accounting organization preferred
- Netsuite experience a plus
- Industry experience in SaaS or the digital healthcare industry a plus
- 100% coverage for Medical / Dental / Vision
- Stipend towards mental health benefits
- 401k plan
- Flexible PTO
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
- Passionate team dedicated to making a positive impact
- Generous parental leave policy
- Unlimited career growth opportunity