Modern Health is a mental health benefits platform for employers. We are the first solution to cover the full spectrum of mental well-being needs through both evidence-based digital content and professional support from a global network of certified coaches or therapists all in one comprehensive app. Whether someone wants to proactively manage stress or treat depression, Modern Health guides people to the right care at the right time. We empower companies to help all of their employees be the best version of themselves, and believe in meeting people wherever they are in their mental health journey.
We are a female-founded company, backed by investors like Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, John Doerr, Y Combinator, and Battery Ventures. We partner with 220+ global companies like Lyft, SoFi, Pixar, Gusto, Okta, and Udemy that are taking a proactive approach to mental health care for their employees. Modern Health has raised more than $170 million in less than two years with a valuation of $1.17 billion, making Modern Health the fastest entirely female-founded company in the U.S. to reach unicorn status. We are looking for driven, creative, and passionate individuals to join in our mission.
In 2020 we tripled our employee headcount, doubled our customer base and grew our revenue 10x. As a hyper-growth company we have maintained our people-first culture winning awards including Fortune’s Best Workplaces in the Bay Area 2021.
An inclusive and diverse culture are key components of mental well-being in the workplace, and that starts with how we build our own team. If you’re excited about this role, we’d love to hear from you!
In this high-visibility role in a fast-growing company, you will work together with the VP of FP&A and partner with functional leaders across all non-GTM functions in the company to provide senior managers and executives with data-driven decision support. Our FP&A team works closely with senior executives to plan the business and allocate resources for the company’s strategic initiatives. You will act as a trusted finance business partner for the Product, Operations, HR, Legal, Finance, and IT to help drive decision making. You will have a front-row seat to the groups building new products and experiences to drive engagement in the user community and delight our employees.
We are looking for someone who can pair strong analysis with strategic thinking, is operationally minded and loves to build (processes, models, analyses, etc.), and has a collaborative, team-oriented mindset.
We’re committed to the health and safety of the community, so our team is currently working remotely and will continue to do so for the near term. Permanently remote opportunities are specifically indicated. This position is not eligible to be performed in Colorado or Hawaii.
What You’ll Do-
- Own all day-to-day business partnering and support tasks for the organizations you support
- Serve as a thought leader to build scalable processes and FP&A solutions
- Lead the long-range (LRP) and annual operational (AOP) plans for all non-GTM teams
- Own all quarterly forecast and management reporting activities to ensure leaders always know their financial positions against targets
- Develop a detailed understanding of the Product and Operations organizations, their drivers of growth, roadmaps and investments
- Own Opex, Capex and HC forecasts
- Analyze, benchmark, and report on financial results and key metrics, synthesizing key trends, assessing current and future business risk, and proposing solutions
- Facilitate and support ad hoc as well as targeted projects to evaluate investment opportunities and initiatives by quantifying the impact on revenue and margins
Who You Are-
- 8+ years of experience supporting Engineering and Product organizations at fast-growing SaaS companies; earlier experience in banking, consulting, and/or private equity preferred
- Experience forecasting data center capacity, Capex investments
- Excellent business partnering skills, ability to lead cross-functional projects, and perform deep analytics to get to the root cause of the issues
- Mastery of Excel with the ability to build large models that are flexible to drive conversations
- Knowledge and/or desire to learn automation tools to drive efficiency of the FP&A team
- Strong communication and presentation skills to effectively present to C-level executives as well as work with all levels of an organization
- Humble and thrives in fast-paced environments
- 100% coverage for Medical / Dental / Vision / Disability / Life Insurance (and dependents covered at 60%)
- High deductible health plan option with health savings account
- Modern Health product or equivalent cost of external care
- Flexible PTO
- Company-wide mental health days
- Unlimited career growth opportunity
- Parental leave policy
- Family Forming Benefit through Carrot
- Professional Development Stipend
- Financial planning through Origin
But wait there’s more…!
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
- WFH Equipment Stipend
- Natural Disaster Relief Stipend
- Mod Squad Community: Virtual events like active ERGs, holiday themed activities, team-building events and more!