Modern Health is a mental health benefits platform for employers. We are the first solution to cover the full spectrum of mental well-being needs through both evidence-based digital content and professional support from a global network of certified coaches or therapists all in one comprehensive app. Whether someone wants to proactively manage stress or treat depression, Modern Health guides people to the right care at the right time. We empower companies to help all of their employees be the best version of themselves, and believe in meeting people wherever they are in their mental health journey.
We are a female-founded company, backed by investors like Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, John Doerr, Y Combinator, and Battery Ventures. We partner with 220+ global companies like Lyft, SoFi, Pixar, Gusto, Okta, and Udemy that are taking a proactive approach to mental health care for their employees. Modern Health has raised more than $170 million in less than two years with a valuation of $1.17 billion, making Modern Health the fastest entirely female-founded company in the U.S. to reach unicorn status. We are looking for driven, creative, and passionate individuals to join in our mission.
In 2020 we tripled our employee headcount, doubled our customer base and grew our revenue 10x. As a hyper-growth company we have maintained our people-first culture winning awards including Fortune’s Best Workplaces in the Bay Area 2021.
An inclusive and diverse culture are key components of mental well-being in the workplace, and that starts with how we build our own team. If you’re excited about this role, we’d love to hear from you!
Providing exceptional care is at the heart of Modern Health. We are looking for a Care Navigation Lead to join our Clinical Strategy and Research team to help advance this mission. In this role, you will define and scale how we integrate our care across Modern Health services and the broader benefits and healthcare ecosystem.
We’re committed to the health and safety of the community, so our team is currently working remotely and will continue to do so for the near term. Permanently remote opportunities are specifically indicated. This position is not eligible to be performed in Colorado or Hawaii.
What You’ll Do-
- Develop and review the crisis escalation policies and procedures to ensure we are meeting or exceeding clinical standards of practice for crisis situations
- Partner with operations and product to implement best practice for crisis management in-app and through operational processes
- Build and scale the clinical components of our care navigation solutions
- Train care navigation agents to ensure best-in-class care and risk mitigation
- Initially, handle some escalation phone calls while also building out a scalable system for clinical escalations (e.g., leveraging the provider network)
- Own the development of additional care navigation services as needed (either if we build or partner), including for members with significant substance use concerns, SMI, eating disorders, primary care integration, etc.
Who You Are-
- You have an advanced degree in Social Work, Clinical/Counseling Psychology, or a related field
- You have 3+ years of experience in care navigation
- You have a strong strategic and analytic approach, including extensive assessment and intervention experience related to delivering and connecting people with the appropriate mental health and well-being resources
- You are operationally savvy and prefer to build systems instead of single-use solutions
- You enjoy working in dynamic and ambiguous environments with lots of interdisciplinary collaboration
- You have strong attention to detail and you care deeply that your end-product is both effective and engaging
- You are passionate about innovating and moving mental health care into the future, particularly in providing greater access to high quality care
- You have strong opinions about using assessments and evidence to drive high quality well-being solutions
- You have trained or taught adults, ideally in topics related to mental health
- 100% coverage for Medical / Dental / Vision / Disability / Life Insurance (and dependents covered at 60%)
- High deductible health plan option with health savings account
- Modern Health product or equivalent cost of external care
- Flexible PTO
- Company-wide mental health days
- Unlimited career growth opportunity
- Parental leave policy
- Family Forming Benefit through Carrot
- Professional Development Stipend
- Financial planning through Origin
But wait there’s more…!
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
- WFH Equipment Stipend
- Natural Disaster Relief Stipend
- Mod Squad Community: Virtual events like active ERGs, holiday themed activities, team-building events and more!