Modern Health is a mental health benefits platform for employers. We are the first solution to cover the full spectrum of mental well-being needs through both evidence-based digital content and professional support from a global network of certified coaches or therapists all in one comprehensive app. Whether someone wants to proactively manage stress or treat depression, Modern Health guides people to the right care at the right time. We empower companies to help all of their employees be the best version of themselves, and believe in meeting people wherever they are in their mental health journey.
We are a female-founded company, backed by investors like Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, John Doerr, Y Combinator, and Battery Ventures. We partner with 220+ global companies like Lyft, SoFi, Pixar, Gusto, Okta, and Udemy that are taking a proactive approach to mental health care for their employees. Modern Health has raised more than $170 million in less than two years with a valuation of $1.17 billion, making Modern Health the fastest entirely female-founded company in the U.S. to reach unicorn status. We are looking for driven, creative, and passionate individuals to join in our mission.
In 2020 we tripled our employee headcount, doubled our customer base and grew our revenue 10x. As a hyper-growth company we have maintained our people-first culture winning awards including Fortune’s Best Workplaces in the Bay Area 2021.
An inclusive and diverse culture are key components of mental well-being in the workplace, and that starts with how we build our own team. If you’re excited about this role, we’d love to hear from you!
Come join our rapidly growing People Team at Modern Health and be a key architect of our People Ops roadmap!
This will be a key member of the People Team focusing on our People Operations, Immigration, Global mobility, and Policy to support our continued growth. We are seeking a process oriented, collaborative, and innovative People Operations leader to own Systems and Operations, Immigration, Mobility, Policy, and parts of Total Rewards (i.e. Benefits, LOA). This role is critical to our ability to successfully support and scale a high-growth organization by driving operational efficiency. In this role, you will have a direct impact on the employee experience at Modern Health.
You will report to our Sr Manager, People Development and work closely with our People Business Partners and People Programs Specialist to deliver an employee experience that continually ‘Raises the Bar’ and puts ‘People First.’ You will also partner seamlessly across functional lines with our Recruiting, Legal, Finance, and IT teams to spot & solve issues and build out processes and policies that scale.
We’re committed to the health and safety of the community, so our team is currently working remotely and will continue to do so for the near term. Permanently remote opportunities are specifically indicated. This position is not eligible to be performed in Colorado or Hawaii.
What You’ll Do-
- Ownership of the companywide HR operations function (including HR systems, immigration, global mobility, and policies) and help scale existing processes for growth and innovation based on business needs
- Co-design and execute the People Ops roadmap that will result in automation, standardization, and centralization of People Team processes and systems
- Manage compliance programs, including mandatory filings, policy updates and employee training in close partnership with internal stakeholders (e.g. Legal, IT, FInance).
- Maintain our HRIS system and keep other HR tools and systems up-to-date, ensuring a high level of data integrity. Participate in system updates and enhancement projects.
- Oversee the Benefits Program including end-to-end open enrollment, benefits renewal, LOA management and benefits compliance
- Work with our People Programs team to ensure our benefits and onboarding programs deliver a stellar employee experience through innovative solutions, engaging communications and employee education
- In partnership with People team, administer employee surveys and execute bi-annual performance review cycles
- Manage active immigration cases, liaising with key stakeholders (immigration counsel, People team (Recruiting + HRBP), employees, and hiring managers
- Maintain contractor, vendor, and broker relationships and related agreements
- Conduct off-boarding, analyze trends, and share opportunities with HRBPs to influence/inform decisions
- General Business Reporting (e.g., New Hires, Terminations, etc.)
- Document Management / Retrieval
- Respond to Compliance and Legal Inquiries
- Foster strong cross-functional relationships with Payroll, Talent Acquisition and other stakeholders to drive efficiencies and simplify workflows
- Partner with Finance/Accounting to manage payroll cycles and other employee compensation
- Function as a subject matter expert and People Operations representative for employee questions
- Ensure that we are positioned to scale quickly and efficiently to meet the needs of the business.
- As a member of the People team, uphold and promote Modern Health’s values; handle sensitive employee relations issues as needed; and support employee engagement initiatives
Who You Are-
- A minimum of 5 years of general people operations experience or HR generalist experience
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- An HRIS and systems guru (Rippling, Workday, Zendesk, Greenhouse, or similar systems)
- Process-driven problem solver, content with ambiguity and being in the weeds
- Analytical mindset and technical aptitude for implementing and administering various tools and systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of employment law and regulatory compliance (including CA)
- Empathy and emotional intelligence to build alignment and strong relationships with employees and internal and external stakeholders
- High integrity and maturity to handle confidential information and sensitive situations in a way that builds trust
Nice to have:
- Experience scaling HR operations at a small to mid-sized start-up in a growth stage (you have startup hustle and can also think around corners to the next stage of growth)
- A minimum of 2 years of people management experience (this position will not be a people manager position to start but may evolve into that over time).
- 100% coverage for Medical / Dental / Vision / Disability / Life Insurance (and dependents covered at 60%)
- High deductible health plan option with health savings account
- Modern Health product or equivalent cost of external care
- Flexible PTO
- Company-wide mental health days
- Unlimited career growth opportunity
- Parental leave policy
- Family Forming Benefit through Carrot
- Professional Development Stipend
- Financial planning through Origin
But wait there’s more…!
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
- WFH Equipment Stipend
- Natural Disaster Relief Stipend
- Mod Squad Community: Virtual events like active ERGs, holiday themed activities, team-building events and more!