Modern Health is a mental health benefits platform for employers. We are the first solution to cover the full spectrum of mental well-being needs through both evidence-based digital content and professional support from a global network of certified coaches or therapists all in one comprehensive app. Whether someone wants to proactively manage stress or treat depression, Modern Health guides people to the right care at the right time. We empower companies to help all of their employees be the best version of themselves, and believe in meeting people wherever they are in their mental health journey.
We are a female-founded company, backed by investors like Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, John Doerr, Y Combinator, and Battery Ventures. We partner with 220+ global companies like Lyft, SoFi, Pixar, Gusto, Okta, and Udemy that are taking a proactive approach to mental health care for their employees. Modern Health has raised more than $170 million in less than two years with a valuation of $1.17 billion, making Modern Health the fastest entirely female-founded company in the U.S. to reach unicorn status. We are looking for driven, creative, and passionate individuals to join in our mission.
In 2020 we tripled our employee headcount, doubled our customer base and grew our revenue 10x. As a hyper-growth company we have maintained our people-first culture winning awards including Fortune’s Best Workplaces in the Bay Area 2021.
An inclusive and diverse culture are key components of mental well-being in the workplace, and that starts with how we build our own team. If you’re excited about this role, we’d love to hear from you!
We're seeking a Customer Marketing Manager to be the go-to marketer for the Client Success team in driving user engagement of the Modern Health app. This vital marketing role will involve understanding both client and user needs, working with CSMs to develop user engagement plans for client accounts, and executing on those plans by developing custom user engagement materials (i.e. flyers, slides, email newsletters, and more). You’ll also work cross-functionally with product, marketing, sales, and executive teams.
This role primarily involves marketing to end users, so the ideal candidate is someone who is user-obsessed and is a strong writer who knows how to distill complex (clinical/technical) information into digestible resources using an approachable tone. Mental health is a topic that can be uncomfortable for some, so this role involves knowing how to connect with the audience about mental health in a way that feels approachable and welcoming. The ideal candidate is also someone who is a hands-on operator and has familiarity with a fast-paced startup environment.
We’re committed to the health and safety of the community, so our team is currently working remotely and will continue to do so for the near term. Permanently remote opportunities are specifically indicated. This position is not eligible to be performed in Colorado or Hawaii.
What You’ll Do-
- You will be one of the go-to marketing managers for our Client Success team
- Develop user engagement resources (including flyers, emails, slides, videos, etc.) to help our employer clients promote adoption of Modern Health to their employees
- Collaborate with our mental health providers and care team to rapidly develop approachable, digestible, and impactful resources for users on topics important to them (i.e. burnout, work-life balance, parenting stress, relationships, etc.) on a regular cadence
- Partner with Product Marketing and Product teams to develop content for monthly user newsletters, and engagement-driving email campaigns
- Develop and maintain user engagement resources on our client portal to scale the breadth and depth of support we offer to our employer clients
- Support the goal of ensuring our relationships with customers are deep and broad, to support cross-sell, up-sell and stickiness
- Partner with Client Success to identify and build impactful and compelling customer stories, testimonials, and videos; own logo usage and press rights by client; manage private and public reference programs
- Be the user expert with a deep understanding of user goals, behaviors and motivations, develop personas to effectively communicate insights to Client Success
Who You Are-
- 3+ years in marketing with at least 2 years in a user engagement marketing role
- Experience developing user engagement materials (i.e. flyers, slides, emails, posters, videos, etc.)
- Excellent writing skills, particularly in the context of end user communication and engagement
- Strong attention to detail and passion for working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in building marketing campaigns from the ground up, with a focus on driving customer behaviors at key points in the customer journey
- Ability to think big picture and simultaneously execute on projects across different clients and Customer Success stakeholders
- Passion for listening, understanding, and sharing end user customer stories
- Understanding of policies and trends in the marketing space
- Experience writing about mental health / wellness is a plus
- Fluency with design tools (Figma, Webflow, Adobe) is a plus
- 100% coverage for Medical / Dental / Vision
- Stipend towards mental health benefits
- 401k plan
- Flexible PTO
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
- Passionate team dedicated to making a positive impact
- Generous parental leave policy
- Unlimited career growth opportunity