Modern Health is a mental health benefits platform for employers. We are the first solution to cover the full spectrum of mental well-being needs through both evidence-based digital content and professional support from a global network of certified coaches or therapists all in one comprehensive app. Whether someone wants to proactively manage stress or treat depression, Modern Health guides people to the right care at the right time. We empower companies to help all of their employees be the best version of themselves, and believe in meeting people wherever they are in their mental health journey.
We are a female-founded company, backed by investors like Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, John Doerr, Y Combinator, and Battery Ventures. We partner with 220+ global companies like Lyft, SoFi, Pixar, Gusto, Okta, and Udemy that are taking a proactive approach to mental health care for their employees. Modern Health has raised more than $170 million in less than two years with a valuation of $1.17 billion, making Modern Health the fastest entirely female-founded company in the U.S. to reach unicorn status. We are looking for driven, creative, and passionate individuals to join in our mission.
In 2020 we tripled our employee headcount, doubled our customer base and grew our revenue 10x. As a hyper-growth company we have maintained our people-first culture winning awards including Fortune’s Best Workplaces in the Bay Area 2021 and maintaining an employee retention rate of 99.97% and an overall Glassdoor rating of 4.9 out of 5.
An inclusive and diverse culture are key components of mental well-being in the workplace, and that starts with how we build our own team. If you’re excited about this role, we’d love to hear from you!
In this role you will serve as the primary, day to day lead for current Modern Health clients on topics pertaining to strategy and management of their Modern Health benefit solution. You'll partner with the Client Success and Renewal team as a subject matter expert on benefit strategy and complex plan structure and pricing. You will contribute to and lead calls pertaining to renewal efforts.
We’re committed to the health and safety of the community, so our team is currently working remotely and will continue to do so for the near term. Permanently remote opportunities are specifically indicated.
What You’ll Do-
- Maintain and cultivate benefit consultant relationships at all levels as it relates to our current book of business, seeking to understand their human capital needs and articulating Modern Health’s value proposition, products, services and resources
- Contribute to client benefit strategy: Analyze employee benefit programs and make recommendations to improve effectiveness of clients’ employee benefits programs/design, policies and practices
- Contribute to the renewal process for current clients including value proposition creation, RFP/proposal development, participating in finalist presentation, etc.
- Proactively advise clients and provide consistent client service, resolving day to day service issues (eligibility, carrier coverage and claims issues, compliance; health care reform, HIPAA, etc.)
- Prepare for and facilitate client meetings (prepare agendas, reports and materials, coordinate resources, etc.)
- Understand, articulate and implement key Modern Health value-added resources
- Assist in the management of client implementation, employee meetings, proofing contracts, updating internal systems, etc.
- Maintain and cultivate strong carrier relationships to enhance Modern Health’s value position in the marketplace, including understanding and articulating current product offerings, trends and coverage options
Who You Are-
- 4+ years of health and welfare account management experience including some underwriting or analytical experience
- Strong technical knowledge of health and welfare employee benefit plan design, insurance products, current trends and regulatory environment
- Experience managing large clients (multi-plan/state; complex plans; etc.)
- Strong client service orientation with ability to proactively understand client’s human capital needs and present/implement solutions.
- Proven experience managing multiple projects simultaneously and producing quality deliverables on time and within budget
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including presentation skills
- Team player who takes initiative, is resourceful and is self-motivated to continuous learning and development
- 100% coverage for Medical / Dental / Vision
- Stipend towards mental health benefits
- 401k plan
- Flexible PTO
- Passionate team dedicated to making a positive impact
- Awesome office with snacks and catered lunch in the Financial District
- Generous parental leave policy
- Unlimited career growth opportunity