Modern Health is a mental health benefits platform for employers. We are the first solution to cover the full spectrum of mental well-being needs through both evidence-based digital content and professional support from a global network of certified coaches or therapists all in one comprehensive app. Whether someone wants to proactively manage stress or treat depression, Modern Health guides people to the right care at the right time. We empower companies to help all of their employees be the best version of themselves, and believe in meeting people wherever they are in their mental health journey.
We are a female-founded company, backed by investors like Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, John Doerr, Y Combinator, and Battery Ventures. We partner with 220+ global companies like Lyft, SoFi, Pixar, Gusto, Okta, and Udemy that are taking a proactive approach to mental health care for their employees. Modern Health has raised more than $170 million in less than two years with a valuation of $1.17 billion, making Modern Health the fastest entirely female-founded company in the U.S. to reach unicorn status. We are looking for driven, creative, and passionate individuals to join in our mission.
In 2020 we tripled our employee headcount, doubled our customer base and grew our revenue 10x. As a hyper-growth company we have maintained our people-first culture winning awards including Fortune’s Best Workplaces in the Bay Area 2021 and maintaining an employee retention rate of 99.97% and an overall Glassdoor rating of 4.9 out of 5.
An inclusive and diverse culture are key components of mental well-being in the workplace, and that starts with how we build our own team. If you’re excited about this role, we’d love to hear from you!
Providing exceptional care is at the heart of Modern Health. We are looking for a behavioral scientist to serve as our Director of Well-being Services and join our Clinical Care team to help advance this mission. In this role, you will define and scale how we support the organizations that partner with Modern Health.
We’re committed to the health and safety of the community, so our team is currently working remotely and will continue to do so for the near term. Permanently remote opportunities are specifically indicated.
What You’ll Do-
- Lead the strategic design, execution, and ongoing management for mental health and well-being initiatives to support our organizational partners and customers
- Consult with leaders to assess the key needs of their organization and develop, implement, measure, and scale innovative and effective well-being programs to support employee mental health and promote a culture of well-being
- Advise leaders on research-backed solutions to organizational challenges and strategically manage the relationship using a consultative approach to present solutions mapped to Modern Health offerings
- Create content and materials to support HRBPs and ERGs in creating an organizational culture that promotes mental well-being and a culture of inclusion and belonging
- Develop engaging, innovative, and effective programming to support teams and managers
- Measure impact using a framework of efficiency, effectiveness, experience, and equity
Who You Are-
- You have an advanced degree in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Clinical/Counseling Psychology, or a related field
- You have 3+ years of experience developing and implementing wellness programming for organizations
- You have a strong strategic and analytic (quantitative and qualitative) approach, including extensive assessment and intervention experience related to improving employee mental health and well-being
- You have proven success in developing and managing a creative, industry-leading mental health and well-being program
- You are operationally savvy and prefer to build systems instead of single-use solutions
- You enjoy working in dynamic and ambiguous environments with lots of interdisciplinary collaboration
- You have strong attention to detail and you care deeply that your end-product is both effective and engaging
- You are passionate about innovating and moving mental health care into the future
- You have strong opinions about using assessments and evidence to drive high quality well-being solutions
- You have been a consultant or coach for C-suite and other leaders
- 100% coverage for Medical / Dental / Vision
- Stipend towards mental health benefits
- 401k plan
- Flexible PTO
- Passionate team dedicated to making a positive impact
- Awesome office with snacks and catered lunch in the Financial District
- Generous parental leave policy
- Unlimited career growth opportunity