Modern Health is a mental health benefits platform for employers. We are the first solution to cover the full spectrum of mental well-being needs through both evidence-based digital content and professional support from a global network of certified coaches or therapists all in one comprehensive app. Whether someone wants to proactively manage stress or treat depression, Modern Health guides people to the right care at the right time. We empower companies to help all of their employees be the best version of themselves, and believe in meeting people wherever they are in their mental health journey.
We are a female-founded company, backed by investors like Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, John Doerr, Y Combinator, and Battery Ventures. We partner with 220+ global companies like Lyft, SoFi, Pixar, Gusto, Okta, and Udemy that are taking a proactive approach to mental health care for their employees. Modern Health has raised more than $170 million in less than two years with a valuation of $1.17 billion, making Modern Health the fastest entirely female-founded company in the U.S. to reach unicorn status. We are looking for driven, creative, and passionate individuals to join in our mission.
In 2020 we tripled our employee headcount, doubled our customer base and grew our revenue 10x. As a hyper-growth company we have maintained our people-first culture winning awards including Fortune’s Best Workplaces in the Bay Area 2021 and maintaining an employee retention rate of 99.97% and an overall Glassdoor rating of 4.9 out of 5.
An inclusive and diverse culture are key components of mental well-being in the workplace, and that starts with how we build our own team. If you’re excited about this role, we’d love to hear from you!
As a Salesforce Business Analyst you’ll work closely with Revenue Operations Leadership, Finance, Analytics, Sales, Client Success, and other cross-functional groups to drive process alignment, build systems that scale, and provide transparency through data for our business. You’ll serve as our subject matter expert for Salesforce and own integrations that sit on top of the system. You’ll own, scope and implement cross-functional process and system changes that have a direct impact on the operational efficiency and top line growth of all revenue lines.
We’re committed to the health and safety of the community, so our team is currently working remotely and will continue to do so for the near term. Permanently remote opportunities are specifically indicated.
What You’ll Do-
- Build customized solutions in Salesforce.com and associated systems that support Modern Health business requirements and processes.
- Work with business partners to review operational procedures, identify inefficiencies and design, develop and configure customizable and scalable processes and solutions.
- Proficiency in designing, documenting, building, coding standards, testing and deploying Salesforce.com system enhancements, including: complex formula fields, validation rules, workflow rules and actions, approval processes, and reporting and dashboards.
- Configuration and maintenance of user security permissions and hierarchies to comply with organizational requirements.
- Handle complex data migration and hygiene projects.
- Work with end users to provide best practices and tips on Salesforce, including training, documentation as well as global technical support and troubleshooting.
- Create system operation dashboards, reports and statistics that support data driven decision making and process improvement across the organization.
- Review upcoming Salesforce.com release features as well as other integrated applications and provide recommendations when necessary to enhance efficiency and productivity.
- Build out new ways to support customers as they both expand organically on the platform or through contract expansions/restructuring
- Help brainstorm, draft, implement and maintain our GTM systems roadmap with a specific focus getting ahead of systems blockers that prevent growth and transparency for running the business
Who You Are-
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 5 years administration experience within Salesforce.com, Lightning experience required.
- Exposure to SOQL, Apex Triggers, Visual Force Page, API Integration desirable, but not required.
- Experience with complex data migration scenarios, SQL, and data quality tools (e.g. DemandTools)
- Expertise in Salesforce’s automation capabilities, specifically Flows, Process Builder, and Workflow Rules
- Salesforce Administration Certification (ADM 201) required (ADM 211 preferred).
- Self-starter, confident in your abilities, self-motivated and able to work effectively with little supervision
- Ability to establish credibility and rapport with technical and non-technical team members and work collaboratively and cross-functionally.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills – ability to understand business and technical requirements and “speak the language” of the various stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work in a team-oriented sales-driven environment
- Results-oriented individual who can make a difference; an individual who takes initiative, makes things happen, accepts accountability and has a "can do" attitude; has a sense of urgency and can learn quickly in a dynamic environment.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to execute proactively instead of reactively and lead a project from conception to completion
- Exceptional ability to create and maintain Salesforce databases
- 100% coverage for Medical / Dental / Vision
- Stipend towards mental health benefits
- 401k plan
- Flexible PTO
- Passionate team dedicated to making a positive impact
- Awesome office with snacks and catered lunch in the Financial District
- Generous parental leave policy
- Unlimited career growth opportunity