Modern Health is a mental health benefits platform for employers. We are the first solution to cover the full spectrum of mental well-being needs through both evidence-based digital content and professional support from a global network of certified coaches or therapists all in one comprehensive app. Whether someone wants to proactively manage stress or treat depression, Modern Health guides people to the right care at the right time. We empower companies to help all of their employees be the best version of themselves, and believe in meeting people wherever they are in their mental health journey.
We are a female-founded company, backed by investors like Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, John Doerr, Y Combinator, and Battery Ventures. We partner with 220+ global companies like Lyft, SoFi, Pixar, Gusto, Okta, and Udemy that are taking a proactive approach to mental health care for their employees. Modern Health has raised more than $170 million in less than two years with a valuation of $1.17 billion, making Modern Health the fastest entirely female-founded company in the U.S. to reach unicorn status. We are looking for driven, creative, and passionate individuals to join in our mission.
In 2020 we tripled our employee headcount, doubled our customer base and grew our revenue 10x. As a hyper-growth company we have maintained our people-first culture winning awards including Fortune’s Best Workplaces in the Bay Area 2021 and maintaining an employee retention rate of 99.97% and an overall Glassdoor rating of 4.9 out of 5.
An inclusive and diverse culture are key components of mental well-being in the workplace, and that starts with how we build our own team. If you’re excited about this role, we’d love to hear from you!
Modern Health is looking for a Head of Carrier Relations. In this role you will leverage an ambition to drive new relationships with health plans, managed care providers, and EAP’s. The ideal candidate will have deep knowledge of the healthcare landscape, payers and provider relationships. This role reports into our VP of Partnerships.
We’re committed to the health and safety of the community, so our team is currently working remotely and will continue to do so for the near term. Permanently remote opportunities are specifically indicated.
What You’ll Do-
- Develop a pipeline of Carrier relationships that make sense for Modern Health’s go to market strategy
- Drive new pipeline growth
- Maintain updated pipeline, stages and updates in CRM
- Lead ongoing carrier partnership management
- Operationalize and work with the cross functionally with our Operations team to lead implementation of the carrier solution
- Operationalize the benefit working closely with the appropriate cross functional stakeholders
- Drive education and messaging for health plans working closely with marketing
- Create a go to market playbook for named partners and develop joint marketing materials with help of marketing team that clearly articulate our combined value proposition
- Work with cross functional stakeholders to ensure that Modern Health has a monthly reporting cadence with named partners including but not limited to: NPS, outcomes, engagement, utilization management, etc.
Who You Are-
- 8+ years of experience
- You have extensive experience within managed care, healthtech, health systems or providers
- Network negotiation and management a plus
- You are driven and ambitious with a desire to build from the ground up
- Experience leading high-impact projects cross-functionally and building out processes
- Ability to function at high-levels of business strategy but also willing to dive into the weeds and operate hands-on
- Able to develop and present (via presentations, dashboards, etc.) complex issues in a digestible and compelling manner
- Humble, scrappy, and thrive in fast-paced environments
- You have the ability to build and lead a team in a fast paced environment
- 100% coverage for Medical / Dental / Vision
- Stipend towards mental health benefits
- 401k plan
- Flexible PTO
- Passionate team dedicated to making a positive impact
- Awesome office with snacks and catered lunch in the Financial District
- Generous parental leave policy
- Unlimited career growth opportunity