Modern Health is a mental health benefits platform for employers. We are the first global mental health solution to offer employees access to one-on-one, group, and self-serve digital resources for their emotional, professional, social, financial, and physical well-being needs—all within a single platform. Whether someone wants to proactively manage stress or treat depression, Modern Health guides people to the right care at the right time. We empower companies to help all their employees be the best version of themselves, and believe in meeting people wherever they are in their mental health journey.
We are a female-founded company, backed by investors like Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, John Doerr, Y Combinator, and Battery Ventures. We partner with 330+ global companies like Lyft, Electronic Arts, Pixar, Clif Bar, Okta, and Udemy that are taking a proactive approach to mental health care for their employees. Modern Health has raised more than $170 million in less than two years with a valuation of $1.17 billion, making Modern Health the fastest entirely female-founded company in the U.S. to reach unicorn status.
We tripled our headcount in 2021 and as a hyper-growth company with a fully remote workforce, we prioritize our people-first culture (winning awards including Fortune's Best Workplaces in the Bay Area 2021). To protect our culture and help our team stay connected, we require overlapping hours for everyone. While many roles may function from anywhere in the world—see individual job listing for more—team members who live outside the Pacific time zone must be comfortable working early in the morning or late at night; all full-time employees must work at least six hours between 8 am and 5 pm Pacific time each workday.
We are looking for driven, creative, and passionate individuals to join in our mission. An inclusive and diverse culture are key components of mental well-being in the workplace, and that starts with how we build our own team. If you're excited about a role, we'd love to hear from you!
The Renewals Manager will partner with the Client Success, Legal, and Finance teams to ensure consistent process execution and develop strategies to attain successful customer renewal and growth metrics, while taking a unified approach to increasing revenue and mitigating risk. The Renewals Manager will assume ownership and maintenance of all renewal opportunities, develop win-win renewal strategies, conduct contract negotiations, ensure forecast accuracy and close renewals prior to contract expiration.
This role reports into our Senior Director of Renewals and Onboarding.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Hawaii.
What You’ll Do-
- Own, drive and lead the renewals process in collaboration with the Client Success team to preserve and improve customer contracts and relationships
- Coordinate the development and implementation of new campaigns, programs and tools directed toward retention objectives
- Ability to connect the dots organizationally and influence partners from various roles, levels, and profiles to drive collaboration and program excellence
- Actively engage with key decision-makers to identify customer requirements and uncover roadblocks to ensure on-time commitments
- Negotiate and execute renewal contracts that align with company and customer goals
- Identify at-risk customers and develop prescriptive plays that would mitigate against potential churn
- Monitor customer health metrics to proactively identify and communicate risks.
- Work cross functionally to develop risk mitigation strategies and drive appropriate actions with partner teams
- Communicate risk clearly with all internal stakeholders and take the lead in developing resolution strategies, escalating wherever appropriate.
- Discover and identify upsell/cross-sell opportunities upon contract renewal to maximize share of wallet
Who You Are-
- 5+ years of Sales /Client Success /Account Management experience preferably within an Enterprise SaaS organization
- 3+ years of experience within a renewals team
- Experience working with stakeholders in the People, Benefits or Total Rewards space is a plus
- Consistent track record of success with meeting and exceeding retention goals and revenue targets.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks, take initiative and work independently and as part of a team
- Experience with Salesforce.com
- Medical / Dental / Vision / Disability / Life Insurance (Modern Health offers 100% coverage for employees and 75% of dependent insurance premiums)
- High deductible health plan option with health savings account
- Modern Health product or equivalent cost of external care
- Flexible PTO
- Company-wide mental health days
- Unlimited career growth opportunity
- Parental leave policy
- Family Forming Benefit through Carrot
- Professional Development Stipend
- Financial planning through Origin
But wait there’s more…!
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
- Mental Wellness Benefit
- Annual Wellness Stipend to use on items that promote your overall well being
- Natural Disaster Relief Stipend
- Mod Squad Community: Virtual events like active ERGs, holiday themed activities, team-building events and more!