Modern Health is a mental health benefits platform for employers. We are the first solution to cover the full spectrum of mental well-being needs through both evidence-based digital content and professional support from a global network of certified coaches or therapists all in one comprehensive app. Whether someone wants to proactively manage stress or treat depression, Modern Health guides people to the right care at the right time. We empower companies to help all of their employees be the best version of themselves, and believe in meeting people wherever they are in their mental health journey.
We are a female-founded company, backed by investors like Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, John Doerr, Y Combinator, and Battery Ventures. We partner with 220+ global companies like Lyft, SoFi, Pixar, Gusto, Okta, and Udemy that are taking a proactive approach to mental health care for their employees. Modern Health has raised more than $170 million in less than two years with a valuation of $1.17 billion, making Modern Health the fastest entirely female-founded company in the U.S. to reach unicorn status. We are looking for driven, creative, and passionate individuals to join in our mission.
In 2020 we tripled our employee headcount, doubled our customer base and grew our revenue 10x. As a hyper-growth company we have maintained our people-first culture winning awards including Fortune’s Best Workplaces in the Bay Area 2021 and maintaining an employee retention rate of 99.97% and an overall Glassdoor rating of 4.9 out of 5.
An inclusive and diverse culture are key components of mental well-being in the workplace, and that starts with how we build our own team. If you’re excited about this role, we’d love to hear from you!
The Renewals Manager will partner with the CSM and legal to ensure consistent process execution, a unified approach to increase revenue and mitigate risk. The Renewals Manager will assume ownership and maintenance of all renewal opportunities, develop win-win renewal strategies, conduct contract negotiations, ensure forecast accuracy and close renewals prior to contract expiration.
We’re committed to the health and safety of the community, so our team is currently working remotely and will continue to do so for the near term. Permanently remote opportunities are specifically indicated.
What You’ll Do-
- Own, drive and lead the renewals process in collaboration with the client success team to preserve and improve customer contracts and relationships
- Coordinate the development and implementation of new campaigns, programs and tools directed toward retention objectives.
- Ability to connect the dots organizationally and influence partners from various roles, levels, and profiles to drive collaboration and program excellence
- Actively engage with key decision-makers to identify customer requirements and uncover roadblocks to ensure on-time commitments
- Negotiate and execute renewal contracts that align with company and customer goals
- Identify at-risk customers and develop prescriptive plays that would mitigate against potential churn
- Monitor customer health metrics to proactively identify and communicate risks.
- Work cross functionally to develop risk mitigation strategies and drive appropriate actions with partner teams.
- Communicate risk clearly with all stakeholders and take the lead in developing resolution strategies, escalating wherever appropriate.
- Discover and identify upsell/cross-sell opportunities upon contract renewal to maximize share of wallet
Who You Are-
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, or a related field
- 3+ years of experience within a renewal team
- 2+ years of experience managing customer accounts
- Consistent track record of success of meeting retention goals and revenue targets.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks, take initiative and work independently and as part of a team
- Experience with Salesforce.com
- 100% coverage for Medical / Dental / Vision
- Stipend towards mental health benefits
- 401k plan
- Flexible PTO
- Passionate team dedicated to making a positive impact
- Awesome office with snacks and catered lunch in the Financial District
- Generous parental leave policy
- Unlimited career growth opportunity