Modern Health is a mental health benefits platform for employers. We are the first solution to cover the full spectrum of mental well-being needs through both evidence-based digital content and professional support from a global network of certified coaches or therapists all in one comprehensive app. Whether someone wants to proactively manage stress or treat depression, Modern Health guides people to the right care at the right time. We empower companies to help all of their employees be the best version of themselves, and believe in meeting people wherever they are in their mental health journey.
We are a female-founded company, backed by investors like Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, John Doerr, Y Combinator, and Battery Ventures. We partner with 220+ global companies like Lyft, SoFi, Pixar, Gusto, Okta, and Udemy that are taking a proactive approach to mental health care for their employees. Modern Health has raised more than $170 million in less than two years with a valuation of $1.17 billion, making Modern Health the fastest entirely female-founded company in the U.S. to reach unicorn status. We are looking for driven, creative, and passionate individuals to join in our mission.
In 2020 we tripled our employee headcount, doubled our customer base and grew our revenue 10x. As a hyper-growth company, we have maintained our people-first culture winning awards including Fortune’s Best Workplaces in the Bay Area 2021 and maintaining an employee retention rate of 99.97% and an overall Glassdoor rating of 4.9 out of 5.
An inclusive and diverse culture are key components of mental well-being in the workplace, and that starts with how we build our own team. If you’re excited about this role, we’d love to hear from you!
As the Head of Healthcare Strategy, you will be the primary partner for the executive team on all things related to our operating strategy within the behavioral health industry. You will define and own our vision for our competitive market positioning and will partner with our Product and Clinical Care teams to shape our long-term product development strategy based on a deep understanding of the behavioral health landscape and trajectory. You will be responsible for not only developing our long-term strategy, but also connecting this strategy to our operations through scoping and executing strategic initiatives and partnerships. You will drive analyses of market dynamics/trends, competitive offerings, and internal data and synthesize these findings into actionable insights to drive our long-term vision for how we can offer the best care and effectively compete and win within the healthcare space. We’re looking for someone who is equal parts strategic, data-driven, and operationally-oriented.
We’re committed to the health and safety of the community, so our team is currently working remotely and will continue to do so for the near term. Permanently remote opportunities are specifically indicated.
What You’ll Do-
- Develop and own our vision and strategy on positioning within the healthcare industry
- Conduct in-depth analyses on the behavior health industry to develop and refine our view on the competitive landscape
- Partner with our Product, Clinical Care, and Go-to-Market teams to identify product development opportunities and define our long-term product vision (competitive differentiation, introducing new care modalities, expanding existing care offerings, etc.)
- Partner with leaders throughout the company to build business cases for new initiatives and guide cross-functional projects to execute those initiatives
- Identify and develop key strategic relationships with other players within the healthcare industry
- Serve as a subject matter expert and thought-partner to leaders across the organization
- Build out a world-class team
Who You Are-
- You have 10+ years of experience in strategy, consulting, business development, and/or product development
- You have extensive experience within healthtech, health system/groups, and/or management consulting focused on healthcare; experience in behavioral or mental health a strong plus
- Experience building and leading teams in fast-paced startup environments
- Experience leading high-impact projects cross-functionally and building out processes
- Ability to function at high-levels of business strategy but also willing to dive into the weeds and operate hands-on
- Able to develop and present (via presentations, dashboards, etc.) complex issues in a digestible and compelling manner
- Humble, scrappy, and thrive in fast-paced environments
- 100% coverage for Medical / Dental / Vision
- Stipend towards mental health benefits
- 401k plan
- Flexible PTO
- Passionate team dedicated to making a positive impact
- Awesome office with snacks and catered lunch in the Financial District
- Generous parental leave policy
- Unlimited career growth opportunity