Modern Health is a mental health benefits platform for employers. We are the first solution to cover the full spectrum of mental well-being needs through both evidence-based technology and professional support from a certified coach or therapist. Whether someone wants to proactively manage stress or treat depression, Modern Health guides people to the right care at the right time. We empower companies to help all of their employees be the best version of themselves, and believe in meeting people wherever they are in their mental health journey.
We are a female-founded company, backed by investors like Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, John Doerr, Y Combinator, and Battery Ventures. We partner with companies like Lyft, SoFi, Pixar, Gusto, Okta, and Udemy that are taking a proactive approach to mental health care for their employees. Modern Health has raised more than $95 million and is looking for driven, creative, and passionate individuals to join in our mission.
In 2020 we have doubled the number of customers since March, revenue has grown 25 times, and we have built a global network of mental health experts in 30 countries.
An inclusive and diverse culture are key components of mental well-being in the workplace, and that starts with how we build our own team. If you’re excited about this role, we’d love to hear from you!
The marketing team is seeking a content expert to draft, write, and help distribute content targeting our key buying audiences. We are seeking an individual who is passionate about B2B editorial and has expertise in healthcare, with expertise within HR, Benefits, or Consultants a plus. You are driven in your pursuit to stay on top of industry trends, customer needs, educational topics and mental health. You’re able to turn complex healthcare language into easily digestible information.
This role will be dedicated to the Growth team, an org within marketing focused on helping to supercharge sales and product experiences to help Modern Health scale. You will be accountable for driving the content subjects and the written content itself. You are a self-starter, dead-line obsessed, and highly organized. This role will be reporting to our Growth lead, who will help you set priorities in terms of content types and broad strategy.
We’re committed to the health and safety of the community, so our team is currently working remotely and will continue to do so for the near term. Permanently remote opportunities are specifically indicated.
What You’ll Do-
- Interview subject matter experts and conduct research to develop relevant and useful content.
- Partner with Growth leader and sales leaders to understand content areas and content focus.
- Become familiar with the Modern Health story, voice, and tone to create content that is on brand and on message.
- Improve and optimize existing content based on search performance metrics.
- Take ownership of the entire copy development process, from conception through design and delivery of the final content assets.
- Take brand ownership by adhering to brand guidelines & language as outlined by the brand owners.
- Manage the reference and review process for content pieces that involve health data.
- Ensure that copy is delivered on time and on target according to groups whom this content is written for.
- You'll serve as writer, editor and content producer across a variety of mediums. This includes whitepapers or eBooks for demand generation campaigns, website and email copy, blog posts, research reports, and case studies.
- Develop ideas for new content based on insights and data from our demand gen, sales and product teams, as well as industry trends.
- Project manage your content creation process: set up timelines, follow-up with cross-functional partners, source creative when needed.
- Stay up-to-date with HR, Benefits, and Consultants for best practices and hot topics to generate new ideas.
Who You Are-
- 5+ years of B2B content creation/editorial experience, preferably at least 2 years in the healthcare industry
- A history of writing high-performing content for the technology industry as a marketer, journalist or other relevant fields
- Demonstrated ability to research, outline, write and edit new and existing content, working closely with various stakeholders Excellent writing, editing, organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Able to translate complex ideas into understandable concepts for any customer. Ability to create rough drafts of diagrams is a bonus
- Able to align content with our current business goals to develop an editorial strategy, and manage an editorial calendar
- Working knowledge of marketing and sales funnels, and developing content for key personas including HR/Benefits/Consultant leaders is a plus
- A data-driven content marketer who is continuously improving and refining strategy based on results and key inputs across the organization
- A creative thinker with a high bar for quality, capable of bringing new and unique ideas to help Modern Health stand out in the market for our sales team
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously in a remote work environment, meet deadlines and manage multiple projects at once.
- A clear understanding of and adherence to writing style guides
- Experience at a high-growth tech startup is a plus. Flexibility and comfort with change is important—we're constantly growing and changing
- 100% coverage for Medical / Dental / Vision
- Stipend towards mental health benefits
- 401k plan
- Flexible PTO
- Passionate team dedicated to making a positive impact
- Generous parental leave policy
- Unlimited career growth opportunity