Modern Health is a mental health benefits platform for employers. We are the first solution to cover the full spectrum of mental well-being needs through both evidence-based digital content and professional support from a global network of certified coaches or therapists all in one comprehensive app. Whether someone wants to proactively manage stress or treat depression, Modern Health guides people to the right care at the right time. We empower companies to help all of their employees be the best version of themselves, and believe in meeting people wherever they are in their mental health journey.
We are a female-founded company, backed by investors like Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, John Doerr, Y Combinator, and Battery Ventures. We partner with 220+ global companies like Lyft, SoFi, Pixar, Gusto, Okta, and Udemy that are taking a proactive approach to mental health care for their employees. Modern Health has raised more than $170 million in less than two years with a valuation of $1.17 billion, making Modern Health the fastest entirely female-founded company in the U.S. to reach unicorn status. We are looking for driven, creative, and passionate individuals to join in our mission.
In 2020 we tripled our employee headcount, doubled our customer base and grew our revenue 10x. As a hyper-growth company, we have maintained our people-first culture winning awards including Fortune’s Best Workplaces in the Bay Area 2021 and maintaining an employee retention rate of 99.97% and an overall Glassdoor rating of 4.9 out of 5.
An inclusive and diverse culture are key components of mental well-being in the workplace, and that starts with how we build our own team. If you’re excited about this role, we’d love to hear from you!
This is a high-visibility role in a fast-growing company where you’ll work hand-in-hand with the VP of Finance and the rest of the leadership team to build out and own our financial strategy. You’ll play a pivotal part in defining and managing business trajectory through owning the company operating model and all financial planning as well as guiding key strategic decisions through rigorous financial analyses. You will also help guide pricing and unit economics decisions and will partner closely with our GTM and Product teams on revenue strategy and margin optimization. You will own financial metrics that matter to the business and will lead cross-functional teams on initiatives to optimize these and improve overall financial performance. This role will be responsible for leading and growing a team and scaling our overall financial operations.
We’re committed to the health and safety of the community, so our team is currently working remotely and will continue to do so for the near term. Permanently remote opportunities are specifically indicated.
What You’ll Do-
- Own and continue to build out all company-wide financial and strategic planning (forecasting, long-range planning, budgeting)
- Own partner with GTM teams on revenue planning and unit economic optimization
- Lead key strategic and financial analyses to support high-impact decisions (e.g., unit economics, product expansion, headcount planning, etc.)
- Prepare and deliver financial business reviews to the leadership team and external stakeholders (Board of Directors, Investors, etc.)
- Lead core initiatives across the company to improve the financial performance of the business
- Advance the company’s understanding of key financial drivers of our business and own tracking and optimization of all related KPIs
- Partner with Accounting, Analytics, and other business stakeholders to optimize financial operations
- Serve as a thought-partner to leaders across the organization on strategy and develop a shared vision for how we scale efficiently
- Build out a world-class team
Who You Are-
- 10+ years of experience with a background in FP&A, corporate finance, investment banking, consulting, and/or PE
- Experience building and leading teams in fast-paced startup environments
- Experience at a high-growth SaaS and/or Healthcare company with >$75M in ARR
- Experience leading high-impact projects cross-functionally and building out processes
- Ability to function at high-levels of business strategy but also willing to dive into the weeds and operate hands-on
- Able to develop and present (via presentations, dashboards, etc.) complex issues in a digestible and compelling manner
- Humble, scrappy, and thrive in fast-paced environments
- 100% coverage for Medical / Dental / Vision
- Stipend towards mental health benefits
- 401k plan
- Flexible PTO
- Passionate team dedicated to making a positive impact
- Awesome office with snacks and catered lunch in the Financial District
- Generous parental leave policy
- Unlimited career growth opportunity