Modern Health is a mental health benefits platform for employers. We are the first solution to cover the full spectrum of mental well-being needs through both evidence-based technology and professional support from a certified coach or therapist. Whether someone wants to proactively manage stress or treat depression, Modern Health guides people to the right care at the right time. We empower companies to help all of their employees be the best version of themselves, and believe in meeting people wherever they are in their mental health journey.
We are a female-founded company, backed by investors like Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, John Doerr, Y Combinator, and Battery Ventures. We partner with companies like Lyft, SoFi, Pixar, Gusto, Okta, and Udemy that are taking a proactive approach to mental health care for their employees. Modern Health has raised more than $95 million and is looking for driven, creative, and passionate individuals to join in our mission.
In 2020 we have doubled the number of customers since March, revenue has grown 25 times, and we have built a global network of mental health experts in 30 countries.
An inclusive and diverse culture are key components of mental well-being in the workplace, and that starts with how we build our own team. If you’re excited about this role, we’d love to hear from you!
Modern Health is looking for a Head of Events! In this role will have full responsibility for a marketing budget and will be responsible for managing, planning, developing and executing Modern Health hosted events, and our participation and sponsorship of all third-party events and conferences (virtually and eventually in person as the guidance on gatherings during Covid-19 evolves).
As a key member of the Modern Health Marketing team, the Head of Events drives the vision, planning and execution of customer advisory boards, virtual conferences, executive retreats and VIP experiences, and other key event programs attended by Modern Health executives. The ideal candidate has excellent interpersonal skills, can manage multiple internal stakeholders, is both a shrewd negotiator and charming marketer who understands the strategic big picture. They must also possess impeccable project management skills and have the ability to exercise the good judgment required to deliver an amazing marketing event experience, within budget.
We’re committed to the health and safety of the community, so our team is currently working remotely and will continue to do so for the near term. Permanently remote opportunities are specifically indicated.
What You’ll Do-
- Work closely with key internal stakeholders (sales, partnerships, ops, clinical, customer success, finance, etc.) to develop and define a world-class event marketing program and go-to-market strategy
- Digital events vision and execution: Given the constraints of Covid-19, create the leading virtual conference in the mental health industry; plan agenda, determine length / format, source speakers, promote, drive attendance and engagement, and ultimately generate SQOs that translate into hard ROI
- Coordinate with other teams, including product, sales, customer success, etc., providing clear direction to maximize integrated efforts and program execution
- Manage and maintain the event marketing budget by working with internal stakeholders on annual planning, forecasting, financial reporting, invoicing, etc.
- Manage timelines, conference agendas, attendance / outreach strategy, content, speaker preparation, and other programs details as required
- Third-Party Vendor Management: Negotiate contracts and manage programs with virtual events hosting vendors, venues, suppliers, convention centers, transportation providers, audio-visual/production, registration, promotional vendors, security, destination management, and other third-party vendors as required, including budget justifications and approvals
- Manage event ROI tracking process and partner with operations to develop and improve ROI reporting capabilities
Who You Are-
- 8+ years of work experience in events
- Experience managing an event marketing and sponsorship budget of at least one million dollars
- Experience working directly with sales and biz dev teams to develop strategic event marketing programs that help meet quarterly goals
- Highly organized, with impeccable project management skills and has an eye for detail
- Skilled with spreadsheet software including Excel and/or Google sheets
- Ability to thrive in a rapidly changing environment and manage multiple concurrent project demands within established timelines
- Able to work well independently, as well as under the direction of others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for mental health a huge plus
- 100% coverage for Medical / Dental / Vision
- Stipend towards mental health benefits
- 401k plan
- Flexible PTO
- Passionate team dedicated to making a positive impact
- Awesome office with snacks and catered lunch in the Financial District
- Generous parental leave policy
- Unlimited career growth opportunity