Modern Health is a mental health benefits platform for employers. We are the first solution to cover the full spectrum of mental well-being needs through both evidence-based technology and professional support from a certified coach or therapist. Whether someone wants to proactively manage stress or treat depression, Modern Health guides people to the right care at the right time. We empower companies to help all of their employees be the best version of themselves, and believe in meeting people wherever they are in their mental health journey.
We are a female-founded company, backed by investors like Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, John Doerr, Y Combinator, and Battery Ventures. We partner with companies like Lyft, SoFi, Pixar, Gusto, Okta, and Udemy that are taking a proactive approach to mental health care for their employees. Modern Health has raised more than $95 million and is looking for driven, creative, and passionate individuals to join in our mission.
In 2020 we have doubled the number of customers since March, revenue has grown 25 times, and we have built a global network of mental health experts in 30 countries.
An inclusive and diverse culture are key components of mental well-being in the workplace, and that starts with how we build our own team. If you’re excited about this role, we’d love to hear from you!
We’re committed to the health and safety of the community, so our team is currently working remotely and will continue to do so for the near term. Permanently remote opportunities are specifically indicated.
In this role, you will be responsible for managing the company’s compliance program to ensure that the company achieves its compliance goals while executing its mission to de-stigmatize mental health care, break down barriers to access, and give everyone the tools they need to build resilience, proactively engage in their mental health, and get the clinical support they need. You will be responsible for designing, implementing, updating, and auditing the company’s compliance policies and processes. You’ll work closely with almost every function at the company to advise on the wide range of compliance matters that arise and report to the company’s General Counsel.
What You’ll Do-
- Spearhead the development, implementation, and maintenance of Modern Heath’s compliance program
- Work with the General Counsel on the enhancement of core compliance program elements across the company
- Assess and prioritize compliance risk areas and implement risk mitigation strategies, including by developing and operationalizing internal policies and procedures
- Design and conduct role-specific compliance training for company personnel as well as update and develop additional training content
- Conduct audits of company processes to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures as well as applicable federal, state and non-U.S. laws
- Manage the development and implementation of corrective action plans and collaborate with the legal team on any internal investigations
- Contribute to the vetting of third-party service suppliers and ensure systematic escalation and vetting of “red flags”
Who You Are-
- Bachelor’s Degree with 10+ years of compliance experience or JD with 8+ years of compliance-related experience
- Excellent academic credentials with demonstrated ability to succeed
- Experience with and/or understanding of compliance issues confronting the healthcare industry, or another heavily regulated industry, including prior experience in operationalizing a compliance program
- Strong commitment to ethics and exercises good judgment
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the requirements for effective compliance programs as set forth in OIG Guidance and the Federal Sentencing Guidelines
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation skills
- Motivated self-starter and team player as well as process and detail-oriented
- Ability to assess and prioritize risks, allocate resources, and effectively work with the General Counsel on plans to mitigate such risks
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to interface effectively with senior business and functional leaders throughout the organization as well as work effectively with people at various levels of the company
- Adept at operating in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment and managing competing priorities under demanding deadlines
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and dedication to integrity
- 100% coverage for Medical / Dental / Vision
- Stipend towards mental health benefits
- 401k plan
- Flexible PTO
- Passionate team dedicated to making a positive impact
- Awesome office with snacks and catered lunch in the Financial District
- Generous parental leave policy
- Unlimited career growth opportunity