Modern Health is a mental health benefits platform for employers. We are the first solution to cover the full spectrum of mental well-being needs through both evidence-based digital content and professional support from a global network of certified coaches or therapists all in one comprehensive app. Whether someone wants to proactively manage stress or treat depression, Modern Health guides people to the right care at the right time. We empower companies to help all of their employees be the best version of themselves, and believe in meeting people wherever they are in their mental health journey.
We are a female-founded company, backed by investors like Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, John Doerr, Y Combinator, and Battery Ventures. We partner with 220+ global companies like Lyft, SoFi, Pixar, Gusto, Okta, and Udemy that are taking a proactive approach to mental health care for their employees. Modern Health has raised more than $170 million in less than two years with a valuation of $1.17 billion, making Modern Health the fastest entirely female-founded company in the U.S. to reach unicorn status. We are looking for driven, creative, and passionate individuals to join in our mission.
In 2020 we tripled our employee headcount, doubled our customer base and grew our revenue 10x. As a hyper-growth company, we have maintained our people-first culture winning awards including Fortune’s Best Workplaces in the Bay Area 2021 and maintaining an employee retention rate of 99.97% and an overall Glassdoor rating of 4.9 out of 5.
An inclusive and diverse culture are key components of mental well-being in the workplace, and that starts with how we build our own team. If you’re excited about this role, we’d love to hear from you!
Modern Health is looking for a Brand Marketing Director! In this role, you will lead the development of seasonal marketing campaigns and evergreen brand strategies to engage our customers, deepen their love for Modern Health, and drive customer advocacy to expand brand awareness. You will embody our core values and infuse them throughout our marketing messaging, own and operate all social media communications, and lead community engagement programs that inspire Modern Health customers to share their stories. You will collaborate with a broad group of cross-functional partners to ensure communications at all points along the customer journey reflect our deep purpose and mission to change systemic inequities in mental health care access.
The ideal candidate is a hands-on marketer, passionate advocate for mental health, and values-driven communicator with demonstrated success building brand advocacy in a fast-paced startup environment. You’re an eloquent storyteller, a creative thinker, and a problem solver, embracing an entrepreneurial spirit. Business success for this role will be measured at every funnel level: increased awareness, improved brand engagement, and positive growth trends in key brand health metrics over time. You’ll be a high visibility partner and advisor to the marketing, sales, customer success, partnerships, people, and executive teams, and you’ll work with a really smart, fun group of people including our ERGs.
We’re committed to the health and safety of the community, so our team is currently working remotely and will continue to do so for the near term. Permanently remote opportunities are specifically indicated.
What You’ll Do-
- Plan and execute evergreen and seasonal marketing campaigns and brand strategies rooted in a deep understanding of the customer / client with the goal of raising brand awareness for Modern Health, reducing stigma around mental health in the workplace, and driving urgency for employers to take action
- Drive the social media strategy and engage with our customers, clients, and prospects to surprise and delight them, coaching them along their mental health journey, educating them about new forms of care, and inspiring them to share their stories
- Drive 360- campaign strategy, working closely with internal stakeholders including product, sales, care, ops, customer success, legal, partnerships to write creative briefs, develop paid and organic content and media campaigns, including video/pre-roll video ad campaigns, podcasts, billboards, and sponsored content
- Develop processes and guidelines for brand positioning, visual and voice identity, and channel executions
- Work with events lead to bring the Modern Health brand to life at conferences, trade shows, internal & VIP events, or our own summit/conference.
- Write compelling creative briefs and partner with creative agencies to guide and evaluate creative work, ensuring output is on strategy and on budget
- Work collaboratively with various teams and series stakeholders to ensure brand consistency and overall success; provide creative direction and feedback
- Work with legal to ensure brand standards and executions fall within legal guidelines
- Create and own brand health goals and performance metrics for campaigns; monitor regularly to understand effectiveness of strategy and creative
- Bring big idea thinking to our seasonal and brand campaigns to deepen brand love and engagement with our customers
Who You Are-
- 10+ years of experience successfully building consumer brands and creating a compelling visual & voice ID across integrated media channels, particularly for challenger brands or brands defining a new category
- Experience owning creative development and execution from concept to completion
- Fluency with using data and metrics to measure impact and determine improvements
- Aptitude building and executing programs in a lean, startup environment
- Ability to seamlessly collaborate with internal stakeholders and external agencies/partners, including day-to-day management of campaign milestones and agency deliverables
- Strong project management skills, with ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Demonstrated bias for action and willingness to roll up sleeves to get work done, even when outside scope of the job
- Deep passion for mental health advocacy and equality
- 100% coverage for Medical / Dental / Vision
- Stipend towards mental health benefits
- 401k plan
- Flexible PTO
- Passionate team dedicated to making a positive impact
- Awesome office with snacks and catered lunch in the Financial District
- Generous parental leave policy
- Unlimited career growth opportunity