Modern Health is a mental health benefits platform for employers. We are the first solution to cover the full spectrum of mental well-being needs through both evidence-based technology and professional support from a certified coach or therapist. Whether someone wants to proactively manage stress or treat depression, Modern Health guides people to the right care at the right time. We empower companies to help all of their employees be the best version of themselves, and believe in meeting people wherever they are in their mental health journey.
We are a female-founded company, backed by investors like Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, John Doerr, and Y Combinator, and partner with companies like Pixar, Gusto, Okta, EA, and Nextdoor that are taking a proactive approach to mental health care for their employees. Modern Health has raised more than $42 million and is looking for driven, creative, and passionate individuals to join in our mission.
An inclusive and diverse culture are key components of mental well-being in the workplace, and that starts with how we build our own team. If you’re excited about this role, we’d love to hear from you!
As an early member of the legal team, you will exercise a wide range of responsibilities to support the legal team’s work, including owning our contract management system and scaling it to meet the needs of our high-growth business; building playbooks and other internal resources to magnify the legal team’s impact and support the business teams; and assisting on a wide range of other areas, including corporate compliance, equity management, litigation support, and research projects.
What You’ll Do-
- Implement technology systems, including a contract management system, to help the legal department scale
- Optimize the legal team’s processes by identifying inefficiencies and proactively looking for ways to enhance workflows
- Assist in cap table and stock equity management
- Develop and maintain FAQs and legal team self-serve resources for internal stakeholders, as well as assist with trainings, internal team updates and related projects to expand the legal team’s impact
- Assist in handling other regulatory and compliance issues, such as responding to privacy and copyright requests and preparing, updating and maintaining registrations and filings
- Undertake review of NDAs and some other agreements based on a legal playbook, and conduct discrete research projects
- Assist legal team with responding to RFP and VSQ requests
- Assist with onboarding outside counsel, team budgeting and related matters
Who You Are-
- 3+ years as a business/operations manager or paralegal in a corporate legal department, with preference for in-house experience
- Experience developing and implementing systems and processes related to legal or business operations
- Strong system organizational skills; experience with Ironclad or similar products a plus
- Can work both independently and collaboratively with teams across the organization
- Strong written and oral communication skills with a persistent eye toward problem-solving
- Adept at operating in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment, and managing competing priorities under demanding deadlines
- 100% coverage for Medical / Dental / Vision
- Stipend towards mental health benefits
- 401k plan
- Flexible PTO
- Passionate team dedicated to making a positive impact
- Generous parental leave policy
- Unlimited career growth opportunity