Modern Health is a mental health benefits platform for employers. We are the first solution to cover the full spectrum of mental well-being needs through both evidence-based technology and professional support from a certified coach or therapist. Whether someone wants to proactively manage stress or treat depression, Modern Health guides people to the right care at the right time. We empower companies to help all of their employees be the best version of themselves, and believe in meeting people wherever they are in their mental health journey.
We are a female-founded company, backed by investors like Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, John Doerr, and Y Combinator, and partner with companies like Pixar, Gusto, Okta, EA, and Nextdoor that are taking a proactive approach to mental health care for their employees. Modern Health has raised more than $42 million and is looking for driven, creative, and passionate individuals to join in our mission.
An inclusive and diverse culture are key components of mental well-being in the workplace, and that starts with how we build our own team. If you’re excited about this role, we’d love to hear from you!
As an early member of the legal team, you will manage the company’s privacy legal and compliance work concerning the provision of mental health and well being services through the company’s digital platform. This role will work closely with almost every function at the company to advise on the wide range of privacy matters that arise for the company.
What You’ll Do-
- Partner with the Engineering, Product, Security, Clinical Care, and Marketing teams to assess potential privacy and security risks and regulatory requirements related to Modern Health’s use of vendors, and its marketing and sales activities
- Collaborate with internal business partners on the review of Modern Health products, services, and initiatives to assess privacy compliance and provide practical advice
- Conduct privacy assessments of business initiatives, lead privacy compliance documentation and support compliance certifications
- Develop and maintain privacy policies and procedures as well as fact sheets and other communications materials
- Review/draft a variety of agreements related to data, privacy and security, including vendor and customer agreements
- Help develop standard practices related to Modern Health user experience, including addressing customer questions about Modern Health’s privacy policies and practices
- Conduct training, develop playbooks, draft FAQs that support privacy by design at MH
- Follow developments in global privacy laws and update MH systems and processes as necessary to remain compliant with laws and act consistent with best practices
Who You Are-
- 5+ years of relevant privacy experience, including prior in-house or law firm experience
- J.D. from a top law school and excellent academic credentials
- Familiarity with privacy laws and regulations covering the healthcare industry
- Demonstrated experience advising clients on international privacy laws
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Strategic problem solver with excellent legal and business judgment
- Adept at operating in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment, and managing competing priorities under demanding deadlines
- Strong written and oral communication skills with a persistent eye toward problem-solving
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with a great sense of humor and dedication to integrity
- Great at working collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- 100% coverage for Medical / Dental / Vision
- Stipend towards mental health benefits
- 401k plan
- Flexible PTO
- Passionate team dedicated to making a positive impact
- Generous parental leave policy
- Unlimited career growth opportunity